Dr. Nicole Lemieux Whitlatch MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & OncologyDumc 3841 Durham NC, 27710
Dr. Nicole Whitlatch is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Whitlatch specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Boston University School of Medicine 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura induced by trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole in a Jehovah's Witness.
- Thrombophilias: when should we test and how does it help?
- Heparin-dependent platelet factor 4 antibodies and the impact of renal function on clinical outcomes: a retrospective study in hospitalized patients.
- Anti-heparin/platelet factor 4 antibody optical density values and the confirmatory procedure in the diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
- Breast Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (dvt)
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
Dr. Nicole Lemieux Whitlatch MD's Practice location
Durham, NC 27710Get Direction
Chico, CA 95926Get Direction
CHICO, CA 95926Get Direction
Dr. Nicole Lemieux Whitlatch MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Whitlatch
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- 'Robocop' Stem Cells Developed to Fight Cancer
Cancer is the second-leading cause of death in the United States, although due to several advancements in cancer screening and treatment, survival rates have begun to improve.A new cancer therapyResearchers at the University of Minnesota and Mayo Clinic have developed a new type of cancer therapy...
- Overcoming Lymphoma: A South Philly Student's Story
In April of 2018, 18-year-old Alexis Carine was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), a blood cancer that begins in the lymphatic system. Her diagnosis was stage II HL, a cancer found in two or more lymph node areas, and both are either above or below the diaphragm (the muscle located just...
- A Triathlon for Bloodwise
Where would anyone be without friends? There have been many experiences where friends have been a bit of light in the dark. When 30-year-old Alexandra “Pixie” Flather from a town near Aylsham, England found out that her best friend was diagnosed with Leukemia, she decided to take action. At the...
- Multiple Myeloma: What is Autotransplantation?
During a stem cell transplantation or autotransplantation, the patient receives high chemotherapy dosage which is sometimes done to the entire body to get rid of the cells that are in the bone marrow (including the myeloma cells). Afterwards, the patient receives new stem cells to form...
- Survey Shows Lack of Blood Cancer Knowledge Among Americans
If anyone is asked to describe what cancer is, chances are they’ll be able to provide at least a rough definition of the disease. Generally speaking, cancer is the name for the rapid and uncontrollable development of cells in a certain part of the body. In addition to holding a general awareness...
- Dr. Paul Marcom M.D.4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Ivy P Altomare MD40 Duke Medicine Cir Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Adam Rea Kuykendal M.D.Unc Chapel Hill Physicians Office Building Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. William Y Kim MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Juneko Elaine Grilley-olson M.D.101 Manning Drive Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Dr. Alan D Kritz M.D.4101 Macon Pond Dr Raleigh NC 27607