Dr. Atef Eltomey practices Neurological Surgery in Cleveland, OH. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Eltomey prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Tanta Fac of Med, Tanta, Egypt 1973
Tanta University, Faculty of Medicine,Tanta, Egypt 1973
Tanta Faculty of Medicine 1974
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, Neurological Surgery; New Rochelle Hosp Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Hartford Hospital 1978
Dr. Atef A Eltomey M.D.'s Practice location
Cleveland, OH 44111Get Direction
Dr. Atef A Eltomey M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Eltomey
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- Dr. Girish Kotreshwar Hiremath MD9500 Euclid Ave # 80 Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Shakeel Ahmad Chowdhry M.D.11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Steven Charles Fulop M.D., M.S.11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Alejandro Marin Spiotta M.D.9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Bhupinder S Sawhny MD7225 Old Oak Blvd Cleveland OH 44130
- Dr. Roseanna Lechner MD2500 Metrohealth Dr Cleveland OH 44109