Dr. James M Hammel MD
Cardiothoracic Surgeon988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE, 68198
Dr. James Hammel is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Omaha, NE. Dr. Hammel specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Hammel typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
University of Mi Med Sch 1994
- Preservation of mitochondrial structure and function after cardioplegic arrest in the neonate using a selective mitochondrial KATP channel opener.
- Sonothrombolysis of intra-catheter aged venous thrombi using microbubble enhancement and guided three-dimensional ultrasound pulses.
- Hybrid peratrial double device closure of a patent foramen ovale and sinus venosus defect in an infant with vein of Galen malformation.
- Combined heart and liver transplantation against positive cross-match for patient with hypoplastic left heart syndrome.
- Predischarge Transthoracic Echocardiography after Surgery for Congenital Heart Disease: A Routine with a Reason?
- Preoperative and Intraoperative Predictive Factors of Immediate Extubation After Neonatal Cardiac Surgery.
- Five-year experience with immediate extubation after arterial switch operations for transposition of great arteries.
- The lonely ventricle in chronic Fontan circulation.
- Mitochondrial autotransplantation: A "shot" in the dark?
- Peace at the interface of human and machine.
- Catheter palliation or early surgery for tetralogy of Fallot: Options when timing is less than ideal.
- Assembling the puzzle of polymorphism.
- University Health Center
Dr. James M Hammel MD's Practice location
Omaha, NE 68198Get Direction
Dr. James M Hammel MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hammel
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Aleem Siddique MD982315 Nebraska Med Center Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Rudy P Lackner MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Ali Khoynezhad MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Michael J Moulton MD988102 NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER OMAHA NE 68198
- Dr. John Y Um MD988102 NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER OMAHA NE 68198
- Dr. Helenmari L Merritt D.O.EMILE AT 42ND ST OMAHA NE 68198