Dr. Richard N Yu M.D, PH.D.
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology300 Longwood Ave Department Of Urolog Boston MA, 02115
Dr. Richard Yu practices Pediatric Urology in Boston, MA. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Yu is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Yu performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine 2001
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Treatment of vesicoureteral reflux using endoscopic injection of nonanimal stabilized hyaluronic acid/dextranomer gel: initial experience in pediatric patients by a single surgeon.
- Renal ultrasound studies after endoscopic injection of dextranomer/hyaluronic acid copolymer for vesicoureteral reflux.
- The behavior of L-ascorbic acid in the healing process of dorsal wounds in guinea pigs.
- Stem cells: a review and implications for urology.
- Adult care of children from pediatric urology.
- Barriers to fertility preservation in male adolescents with cancer: it's time for a multidisciplinary approach that includes urologists.
- Semen analysis in adolescent cancer patients prior to bone marrow transplantation: when is it too late for fertility preservation?
- Predicting anatomical urological abnormalities in children who present with their first urinary tract infection.
- Editorial comment.
- Prepubertal presentation of varicocele does not affect outcomes.
- Pediatric Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty.
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic bladder augmentation in the pediatric patient.
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic lower pole partial nephrectomy in the pediatric patient.
- The first human alpha-spectrin structural domain begins with serine.
- Relation of heart block and left ventricular dysfunction in acute myocardial infarction.
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Incontinence
- Birth Defects
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Inguinal Hernia
Dr. Richard N Yu M.D, PH.D.'s Practice location
Boston, MA 02115Get Direction
Dr. Richard N Yu M.D, PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Yu
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Dr. Paul Jacob Kokorowski M.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Katherine Hubert Chan M.D.300 LONGWOOD AVE BOSTON MA 02115
- Dr. Michaella Maloney Prasad M.D.75 Francis Street Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Michael P Kurtz M.D.300 LONGWOOD AVE BOSTON MA 02115
- Andrea Krichelle Balthazar M.D.300 LONGWOOD AVE BOSTON MA 02115
- Hannah Crosby PA-C75 FRANCIS ST BOSTON MA 02115