Tushar Nayar, MD, is a leading internist currently serving patients at Norton Healthcare/Norton Inpatient Care Specialists in Louisville, Kentucky. After earning his undergraduate degree in 2003 at the University of Toronto, Dr. Nayar completed his medical degree at the University of the West Indies in 2008, followed by his residency at the Jewish Hospital Cincinnati in Cincinnati, Ohio in 2011. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in his field, he maintains a professional membership with the Society of Hospital Medicine and the American College of Physicians.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Jewish Hospital Cincinnati, 2011
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of Hospital Medicine, American College of Physicians
Articles and Publications
- Paper on Vitamin D Deficiency
Hobbies / Sports
- Basketball, Soccer, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine
Dr. Tushar Nayar M.D.'s Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45236Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Tushar Nayar M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Tushar Nayar M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Should I Receive a Flu Shot this Year?
The common flu, or influenza, is an illness that affects about 20% of the population throughout the country every year. This seemingly harmless virus may lead to a number of health complications, which can be life threatening. Flu shots are one of the most efficient ways to prevent this viral...
- Croup in Adults
Croup in AdultsAlthough croup is commonly observed in children who are 6 months to 3 years old, it is also possible for adults to get the infection in rare cases. Croup is a viral respiratory infection caused by human parainfluenza viruses (HPIVs). However, other causes of croup may include...
- Yawning Scientific Facts: Why Do We Yawn and Is It Contagious?
What is yawning?Usually, yawning is associated with boredom, fatigue, and tiredness. Yawning is also very common in animals, such as dogs, monkeys, snakes, and carnivores. Yawning is also associated with numerous superstitious beliefs.In humans, yawning is considered as a purposeful non-verbal...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- General Practice, Family Practice, and Internal Medicine: What's the Difference?
Primary care providers, family physicians, generalists, and internists can be tricky designations to understand because these healthcare providers similarly cover a number of areas when diagnosing and treating people. However, knowing their differences can be helpful when it comes to finding the...
- Summer Danger: Above Ground Pools Linked to Most Child Drownings
Portable pools are often associated with drowning in young children, according to a new study. A portable pool is a structure that is generally used in the place of an in-ground swimming pool or any water recreation. Researchers report that a child drowns in a portable pool every 5...
- Dr. Anubhav Mital M.D.1010 Cereal Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45103
- Dr. Harry Maurice Davin M.D.3145 Hamilton Mason Road Hamilton Ohio 45011
- C. Keith Melvin3131 Harvey Ave Cincinnati Ohio 45229
- Dr. Sobia Yaqub M.D.8240 Northcreek Drive Cincinatti Oh 45236
- Evelyn V. Hess231 Albert Sabin Way Cincinnati Ohio 45267
- Dr. Kent Robinson MD3131 Harvey Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229