Mr. Michael C Jean MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology23928 Lyons Ave Suite 206 Newhall CA, 91321
Dr. Michael Jean is a gastroenterologist practicing in Newhall, CA. Dr. Jean specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Jean performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology- 2003
- Evanston Northwestern Healthcare 1997
- Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals 2000
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University 1998
- Gastroenterology, Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals 2000
Mr. Michael C Jean MD's Practice location
Mr. Michael C Jean MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jean
- Diagnosing Colon Cancer
Signs and symptoms of colon cancer are not specific, which makes it difficult to diagnose. Therefore, investigations are crucial to make a diagnosis of colon cancer.The first time you visit your doctor, he or she will record a complete medical history, including a detailed family history to check if...
- What are the Surgeries Used in Treating Gallstones?
Right below the liver is a small sac known as the gallbladder. Its function is to hold bile until it is required. The bile helps in the digestion/breakdown of fats. When fats are noticed by the gallbladder, it pushes the bile concentrate towards the small intestine through contractions.Bile pigment,...
- What's it Like to Live with Celiac Disease?
What it is like to live with Celiac DiseaseImagine what it would be like to live a life in which you couldn't eat a piece of bread without vomiting severely - A life in which you have to dodge the gluten bullet in restaurants, parties or just any gathering where food is served on a daily...
- What Kind of Dietary Fiber Do We Need?
Fiber or roughage is the indigestible part of our food that plays an important part in health. Dietary fiber is found naturally in the plant parts that we eat. They are not digested but just pass through our system, absorb water, and aid in bowel movement. We all have heard that fiber is important,...
- What Foods Are Allowed in a Gluten-free Diet?
Gluten is a protein found in many food items, and intolerance towards this protein may lead to intestinal damage. A typical gluten-free diet avoids all possible sources of this protein in meals. Gluten may cause inflammation in the body's of people who are suffering from celiac disease. Having...
- Is My Diarrhea Caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
What is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common gut disorder. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unlike inflammatory bowel disease and differs from other bowel conditions. It is a group of several symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, cramping, constipation,...
- Dr. Calin S. Arimie MD7320 Woodlake Avenue Los Angeles California 91307
- Dr. Yvette D David M.D.11600 Indian Hills Rd Mission Hills CA 91345
- Dr. Richard A Kuritzkes MD201 S Buena Vista St Burbank CA 91505
- Dr. Henry A Fisher MD2701 West Alameda Ave Burbank CA 91505
- Dr. Magued F Beshay MD11211 Sepulveda Blvd Mission Hills CA 91345
- Dr. Maurice Gourdji M.D.18425 Burbank Blvd Tarzana CA 91356