Dr. Jose Dizon is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Dizon performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Yale School of Medicine 1988
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 1991
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease- 1995
- Mechanisms of atrial tachyarrhythmias following surgical atrial fibrillation ablation.
- Intracoronary abciximab and aspiration thrombectomy in patients with large anterior myocardial infarction: the INFUSE-AMI randomized trial.
- The effect of cardiac genetic testing on psychological well-being and illness perceptions.
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Heart Disease
- Breast Cancer
- Vascular Disease
- MemberAMERICAN COLLEGE OF CARDIOLOGY
- Member NORTH AMERICAN SOCIETY OF PACING AND ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY
- St Joseph'S Med Ctr, Family Practice Mount Vernon Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Weill Cornell Medical College Affiliated Hospitals
- New York Methodist Hospital Program
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Experience & Accolades
- Director Pacemaker and Defibrillator Clinic
- Director Electrocardiography Laboratory
Dr. Jose Maria Dizon M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10032Get Direction
Dr. Jose Maria Dizon M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Dr. Emad F. Aziz D.O., M.B., CH.B.90 Bergen Street Newark NJ 07103
- Dr. Anthony Aizer M.D.550 1st Ave New York NY 10016
- Dr. Steven J Fowler MD333 E 29th St New York NY 10016
- Dr. Joseph H Levine M.D.100 Port Washington Blvd Roslyn NY 11576
- Dr. Rajeev Joshi M.D.1111 Amsterdam Ave New York NY 10025
- Dr. Tina Sichrovsky M.D.425 W 59th St New York NY 10019