Dr. Michael Alex Papagikos M.D.
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology1988 S 16th St Wilmington NC, 28401
Dr. Michael Papagikos practices Radiation Oncology in Wilmington, NC. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Papagikos specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center 2006
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Phase I study of concomitant gemcitabine and IMRT for patients with unresectable adenocarcinoma of the pancreatic head.
- Publication rate of abstracts from the annual ASTRO meeting: comparison with other organizations.
- Commentary (Papagikos/Lee): Permanent Prostate Brachytherapy.
- Toxicity and quality of life report of a phase II study of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for low and intermediate risk prostate cancer.
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Anal Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
Dr. Michael Alex Papagikos M.D.'s Practice location
Wilmington, NC 28401Get Direction
Dr. Michael Alex Papagikos M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Papagikos
- What Specialists Treat Testicular Cancer?
The type of cancer that affected the male sex organs, particularly the male gonads called the testes, was regarded as an incurable condition back in the 70s. Since then, advanced diagnostic tools, exceptional treatment methods, and refined therapies have elevated testicular cancer to the status of a...
- Financially Managing Lymphoma Care
If you are living with lymphoma, one of your main concerns may be the payment charges that seem to be piling up too quickly. It can be stressful enough living with cancer, let alone having to worry about going into debt. For this reason, it is important to become aware of the different expenses...
- Alternative Treatment for Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer has become a common disease in men, especially those aged from 50 years and above. Having prostate cancer comes with its own effects that no one wants to be part of. Various symptoms accompany an affected prostate gland. Such symptoms may include pain when urinating, high frequency...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- What Are the Side Effects of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure that is used mainly to treat cancer and other conditions such as thyroid disorders, non-cancerous growths, and blood disorders. Just like other types of treatment, radiotherapy often causes side effects. The side effects generally depend...
- Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
Radiotherapy is a treatment that involves high-energy X-rays or particles, which kill cancerous cells. It is sometimes used to treat non-cancerous tumors. Studies have shown that almost half of people with cancer receive radiotherapy as a part of their treatment plan.The type of radiotherapy to be...
- Dr. Martin Benjamin Meyerson M.D.1988 S 16th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Charles Rogers Neal M.D.1988 S 16th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Michael Allison Nichols M.D.1988 S 16th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Samuel Martin Kneece M.D.3307 Pinnacle Pl Wilmington NC 28411
- Dr. Patrick David Maguire M.D.1988 S 16th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Svetlana S. Kats M.D., M.P.H1988 S 16th St Wilmington NC 28401