Dr. Slootsky has always been committed to maintaining the highest standards of dentistry possible with the latest technology and equipment. He is devoted to his patients’ needs and provides personalized treatment to each and every patient at Restorative and Implant Dentistry, all in a welcoming atmosphere. Dr. Slootsky was born and raised in Bayonne, New Jersey. He attended Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey, and graduated from the College of Medicine and Dentistry (now Rutgers School of Dental Medicine) in Newark, New Jersey, in 1978. He completed a one-year general practice residency at the Jersey Shore Medical Center Fitkin Hospital in Neptune, New Jersey, next to Asbury Park. He then moved to Florida and spent one year in Gainesville working at the Union Correctional Institution in Raiford. Dr. Slootsky, along with his wife Jill, settled in Boca Raton in 1980, when he established his current practice in Pompano Beach. He has taken thousands of hours of dental continuing education to provide you with exceptional care. He taught dentists at the Atlantic Coast Dental Research Clinic a course in Advanced Crown and Bridge for 10 years, and is now a Pankey visiting faculty, along with being an adjunct Professor of Prosthetics of the Dental School of NSU, Nova Southeastern University. He was awarded Mastership of the AGD, the Academy of General Dentistry, and Fellowship of the American College of Dentists, and International College of Dentists. He presently is involved in different clinical research studies thru the National Dental Practice-Based Research Network.
Education and Training
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine DMD 1978
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Adjunct Professor Nova Southeastern University 2010 - 2018
- Southeasten Academy of Prosthodontics
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American College of Dentists
- Florida Dental Association
- Atlantic Coast District Dental Association
- International Association of Dentists
- International Team for Implantology
- National Dental Practice-Based Research Network
- PEARL Network
- AcademicKeys Who's Who in Dentistry Higher Education
- Jersey Shore Medical Center Fitkin Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Southeastern Academy of Prosthodontics, Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, Atlantic Coast District Dental Association, International Team for Implantology
Articles and Publications
- Published in the Academy of General Dentistry Journal
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication, he has always wanted to be the best dentist he could possibly be.
Dr. Alan Slootsky DMD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Alan Slootsky DMD | Dentist | General Practice
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Alan Slootsky DMD's reviewsWrite Review
- Gum Disease May Appear in Young Adults
According to a study conducted by the researchers from dentistry school of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, gum disease may start earlier than expected. Young adults should take better care of their oral health, as it may lead to many health problems. The study shows that gum disease...
- Does Everyone Have Wisdom Teeth?
Introduction When a person reaches the ages between 17 to 21, the eruption of wisdom teeth or third molars may take place. However, for some, wisdom teeth do not show up at all. These teeth are called wisdom teeth because they tend to show up at a later and more mature age. When wisdom teeth...
- Why are my Gums Bleeding?
Bleeding gums can result from a number of other health conditions, and can also result from vigorous brushing of the teeth or even wearing dentures that don’t fit correctly.The most common causes of bleeding gums include:...
- When are Dental Crowns Recommended?
What is a Dental Crown?Dental crowns are used for saving damaged or broken teeth, as well as when a tooth requires a root canal treatment. In order for the dental crown to get attached to the tooth, the tooth needs to be reduced in size first.A dental crown is a prosthetic superstructure that...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- What Are the Best Home Remedies for Dry Mouth?
Ever felt your mouth suddenly going dry and the need to reach for some water to get rid of the dryness? This is a condition that may occur to you frequently. It is called, fittingly enough, dry mouth. Dry mouth is a condition that can occur due to reduced amounts of saliva in the mouth. Dry mouth is...
- Charmaine Johnson-Leong2717 E Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale FL 33306
- Dr. Joseph A. Ortlieb D.D.S.313 SE 15th Terrace Deerfield Beach FL 33441
- Niloufar Rezakhani2999 NE 191 Street Aventura Fl 33180
- Dr. Heidi R Finkelstein D.M.D333 N.W. 70th Ave Fort Lauderdale FL 33317
- Mr. Santiago P Roldan DMD1501 Se 23rd Ave Pompano Beach FL 33062
- Dr. Maritza Lazcano Other2708 E ATLANTIC BLVD POMPANO BEACH FL 33062