Dr. Alan Slootsky DMD
Dentist | General Practice161 S Pompano Pkwy Pompano Beach Florida, 33069
Dr. Slootsky has always been committed to maintaining the highest standards of dentistry possible with the latest technology and equipment. He is devoted to his patients’ needs and provides personalized treatment to each and every patient at Restorative and Implant Dentistry, all in a welcoming atmosphere. Dr. Slootsky was born and raised in Bayonne, New Jersey. He attended Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey, and graduated from the College of Medicine and Dentistry (now Rutgers School of Dental Medicine) in Newark, New Jersey, in 1978. He completed a one-year general practice residency at the Jersey Shore Medical Center Fitkin Hospital in Neptune, New Jersey, next to Asbury Park. He then moved to Florida and spent one year in Gainesville working at the Union Correctional Institution in Raiford. Dr. Slootsky, along with his wife Jill, settled in Boca Raton in 1980, when he established his current practice in Pompano Beach. He has taken thousands of hours of dental continuing education to provide you with exceptional care. He taught dentists at the Atlantic Coast Dental Research Clinic a course in Advanced Crown and Bridge for 10 years, and is now a Pankey visiting faculty, along with being an adjunct Professor of Prosthetics of the Dental School of NSU, Nova Southeastern University. He was awarded Mastership of the AGD, the Academy of General Dentistry, and Fellowship of the American College of Dentists, and International College of Dentists. He presently is involved in different clinical research studies thru the National Dental Practice-Based Research Network.
Education and Training
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine DMD 1978
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Adjunct Professor Nova Southeastern University 2010 - 2018
- Southeasten Academy of Prosthodontics
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American College of Dentists
- Florida Dental Association
- Atlantic Coast District Dental Association
- International Association of Dentists
- International Team for Implantology
- National Dental Practice-Based Research Network
- PEARL Network
- AcademicKeys Who's Who in Dentistry Higher Education
Professional Society Memberships
- Southeastern Academy of Prosthodontics, Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, Atlantic Coast District Dental Association, International Team for Implantology
Articles and Publications
- Published in the Academy of General Dentistry Journal
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication, he has always wanted to be the best dentist he could possibly be.
Dr. Alan Slootsky DMD's Practice location
- Tips for Bad Breath
- Treat Gum Disease for Healthier Blood Vessels
Intensive treatment of gum diseases may help blood vessels and gums, reports a study published in, The New England Journal of Medicine. The study was conducted on 120 people who had severe gum disease, or peridontitis. In this condition, the gum line recedes and teeth loosens as the support is...
- Healthy Teeth for a Healthy Life
Dentists suggest that infection and inflammation of the oral cavity correlates with other medical conditions, like a heart attack or dementia, and can cause serious health concerns over a period of time. Although the causes and effects between oral health and health conditions are not yet...
- Osteoporosis and Oral Health
What is Osteoporosis?Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones all over the body. It is a medical condition characterized by a weakness of the bones, due to different factors, leading to fractures of the bones due to minor trauma or no trauma at all. Major causes of osteoporosis are age,...
- How to Prepare for Your Dental Appointment
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), people should visit a respectable dental office like Macleod trail dental every six months to maintain optimal oral health. Dental problems should never be ignored since they can become serious and contribute to other medical conditions, such as...
- The 3 Biggest Threats to Your Teeth
Teeth can last a lifetime if they are properly cared for. However, different factors can influence the appearance and quality of your teeth over time. Chips, fractures, and broken teethChipping and fracturing teeth occurs when one bites on something very hard, like a popcorn kernel or stale bread....
- Dr. Steven Rosenstein DMD20803 Biscayne Blvd Aventura FL 33180
- Charmaine Johnson-Leong2717 E Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale FL 33306
- Dr. Daniel Cohen DDS7522 Wiles Rd Coral Springs FL 33067
- Dr. Pedro Quesada D.D.S6267 W Sample Road Coral Springs Florida 33067
- Dr. Heidi R. Finkelstein D.M.D333 N.W. 70th Ave Fort Lauderdale FL 33317
- Dr. Jaline Boccuzzi DMD PA2122 Ne 2nd Street Pompano Beach FL 33062