Dr. Slootsky has always been committed to maintaining the highest standards of dentistry possible with the latest technology and equipment. He is devoted to his patients needs and provides personalized treatment to each and every patient at Restorative and Implant Dentistry, all in a welcoming atmosphere.Dr. Slootsky was born and raised in Bayonne, New Jersey. He attended Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey, and graduated from the College of Medicine and Dentistry (now Rutgers School of Dental Medicine) in Newark, New Jersey, in 1978. He completed a one-year general practice residency at the Jersey Shore Medical Center Fitkin Hospital in Neptune, New Jersey, next to Asbury Park. He then moved to Florida and spent one year in Gainesville working at the Union Correctional Institution in Raiford.Dr. Slootsky, along with his wife Jill, settled in Boca Raton in 1980, when he established his current practice in Pompano Beach. He has taken thousands of hours of dental continuing education to provide you with exceptional care. He taught dentists at the Atlantic Coast Dental Research Clinic a course in Advanced Crown and Bridge for 10 years, and is now a Pankey visiting faculty, along with being an adjunct Professor of Prosthetics of the Dental School of NSU, Nova Southeastern University. He was awarded Mastership of the AGD, the Academy of General Dentistry, and Fellowship of the American College of Dentists, and International College of Dentists. He presently is involved in different clinical research studies thru the National Dental Practice-Based Research Network.
Education and Training
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine DMD 1978
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Adjunct Professor Nova Southeastern University 2010 - 2018
- Southeasten Academy of Prosthodontics
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American College of Dentists
- Florida Dental Association
- Atlantic Coast District Dental Association
- International Association of Dentists
- International Team for Implantology
- National Dental Practice-Based Research Network
- PEARL Network
- AcademicKeys Who's Who in Dentistry Higher Education
- Jersey Shore Medical Center Fitkin Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Southeastern Academy of Prosthodontics, Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, Atlantic Coast District Dental Association, International Team for Implantology
Articles and Publications
- Published in the Academy of General Dentistry Journal
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication, he has always wanted to be the best dentist he could possibly be.
Dr. Alan Slootsky DMD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Alan Slootsky DMD | Dentist | General Practice
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Alan Slootsky DMD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers give patients a beautiful smile. They are very thin, porcelain layers attached to the front of the teeth. Dental veneers are a good solution for the correction of any defects in the position, color, or shape of the teeth.Dental veneers can be made with direct or indirect composites....
- What is a Yeast Infection?
Candidiasis is a type of fungal infection resulting from overgrowth of the yeast genus, Candida. The most predominant species in this genus is Candida albicans. The yeast survives in different parts of our body, including the skin, genitals, throat, and mouth. Growth of these organisms commonly...
- Causes of Bad Breath
Bad breath, medically known as halitosis, is an indicator of poor dental hygiene, but may also result from other health issues. The types of food you eat and your lifestyle habits strongly affect your breath. If you eat foods with strong odors, it is only normal that it changes the smell of your...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Dr. Joseph A. Ortlieb D.D.S.313 SE 15th Terrace Deerfield Beach FL 33441
- Charmaine Johnson-Leong2717 E Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale FL 33306
- Niloufar Rezakhani2999 NE 191 Street Aventura Fl 33180
- Dr. Heidi R Finkelstein D.M.D333 N.W. 70th Ave Fort Lauderdale FL 33317
- Mr. Santiago P Roldan DMD1501 Se 23rd Ave Pompano Beach FL 33062
- Dr. Maritza Lazcano Other10051 Pines Blvd Pembroke Pines FL 33024