Dr. Christopher A. Gisler MD
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology4502 Medical Dr San Antonio TX, 78229
Dr. Christopher Gisler is a nephrologist practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Gisler specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Gisler most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
University of Virginia / Main Campus 2006
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Christopher A. Gisler MD's Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78229Get Direction
San Antonio, TX 78258Get Direction
PITTSBURGH, PA 15219Get Direction
Dr. Christopher A. Gisler MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gisler
- Blood in Urine: What is a Urine Test?
When you pee and see a stream of rusty red urine, the sight fills you with a sense of dread. You suspect that the discoloration is due to the presence of blood. A pungent odor may fuel the anxiety. The only way to confirm suspicions is through a urinalysis recommended by a primary caregiver. A...
- How Do Kidney Stones Develop?
Kidney stones are a condition that affects around 15 percent of the world's population. For reasons unknown, the condition's prevalence has increased over the last 30 years. Kidney stones more often affect men than women. What are kidney stones?Kidney stones or renal lithiasis is the formation of...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- What Causes Kidney Stones? How to Prevent and Treat Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. The occurrence of kidney stones is known as nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones in the urinary tract lead to a condition known as ureterolithiasis. Kidney stones are seen as a common occurrence in the medical world. One in twenty people tend to suffer from...
Oliguria is a medical term used when referring to a decreased urine output. Oliguria is considered when a person’s urine output is less than 400 mL in a 24-hour period. When it comes to infants, oliguria occurs when the urine output is less than 0.5 mL/kg/hr for 24 hours. Anuria is the absence...
- Does Acute Renal Failure Cause Death?
Our body machinery comprises of various parts and components all together, embedded to function as a whole unit to support life. Each component that forms a part of the body machine has a specific contribution and any malfunction in any of the components can have adverse effects on the entire body....
- Dr. Melissa Ray Isbell MD7434 Louis Pasteur Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Deandra Martin MD701 S ZARZAMORA ST SAN ANTONIO TX 78207
- Dr. Varshasb Broumand M.D.215 N SAN SABA STE 201 SAN ANTONIO TX 78207
- Dr. Christopher Anthony Dyer MD8300 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Julio Cesar Araujo M.D.11481 TOEPPERWEIN RD STE 1202 LIVE OAK TX 78233
- Dr. Christopher W. Glanton M.D.116 Gallery Cir San Antonio TX 78258