Dr. Vera Malkovska MD
Oncologist | Medical Oncology110 Irving St Nw Suite 2a38 Washington DC, 20010
Dr. Vera Malkovska is an oncologist practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Malkovska specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Malkovska manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Charles Univ, Praha MD
Charles University in Prague 1976
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (aml)
- Multiple Myeloma
- Oral Surgery Procedures
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- George Washington University Hospital 1993
Dr. Vera Malkovska MD's Practice location
Dr. Vera Malkovska MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Malkovska
- Why We Can’t Treat All Ovarian Cancer the Same Way
Over the last three decades, ovarian cancer survival rates have seen very little improvement. The current five-year survival rate for ovarian cancer is 43%, a low percentage that is a result of the fact that this type of cancer is difficult to detect and often goes undiagnosed until it has reached...
- NHS Strikes Deal for Cutting Edge Cancer Treatment for Adults with Lymphoma
The National Health Service (NHS) is the publicly-funded national healthcare system for England. Together with the biopharmaceutical company, Gilead Sciences, the two organizations have reached an agreement to provide CAR T-cell therapy to patients with a type of cancer that has, sadly, left them...
- Cholesterol Drugs Could Treat Ovarian Cancer, New Research Suggests
What are statins?Statins are medications that are commonly used to treat low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in the blood. LDL cholesterol is commonly known as “bad cholesterol” and statins help to reduce its production inside the liver. More than 30% of Americans have high levels of LDL...
- How Is Leukemia Diagnosed?
Leukemia in its early stages may present no signs or symptoms, as these only appear when the leukemia cells have taken over a large number of normal blood cells. A person with leukemia is very lucky indeed if early-stage detection occurs incidentally, through a routine blood test or one done for...
- How to Cope with Menopause After Breast Cancer
Menopause is a part of any woman's aging process. It usually happens over the age of 50 but varies. Something that can make it occur much earlier is breast cancer treatments that bring the process on early and somewhat suddenly. This experience is referred to as medical, or surgical induced...
- Breast Cancer: Why it's Absolutely Essential for Men to get Checked, too
Breast cancer draws a lot of publicity and attention, and when many think of breast cancer, they are likely thinking of women. This makes sense because “breast” is typically a female word, and every year there are tons of breast cancer awareness campaigns that revolve around women and are...
- Dr. Virginia Chiantella MD FACS1860 Town Center Drive Reston Virginia 20190
- Martin M. Malawer7830 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814
- Okechukwu A. Ibeanu805 Jennings Mill Dr Bowie Maryland 20721
- Dr. Faysal Haroun M.D.2150 Pennsylvania Ave Nw Washington DC 20037
- Dr. Roy A Beveridge M.D.8503 Arlington Blvd Fairfax VA 22031
- Dr. Mutombo Kankonde M.D., M.PH.1221 Mercantile Lane Upper Marlboro MD 20774