Dr. Walter Gwang-up Park M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology300 Pasteur Dr # Mc5187 Alway Building, Room Stanford CA, 94305
Dr. Walter Park is a gastroenterologist practicing in Stanford, CA. Dr. Park specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Park performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology- 2009
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2006
- Colonoscopy appropriateness: education is important to identify the right patient, at the right time, for the right reason.
- Election year fever? Voting on EUS criteria for chronic pancreatitis.
- EUS-guided gold fiducial insertion for image-guided radiation therapy of pancreatic cancer: 50 successful cases without fluoroscopy.
- Screening for pancreatic cancer: what can cyst fluid analysis tell us?
- Diagnostic accuracy of cyst fluid amphiregulin in pancreatic cysts.
- Short turn radius colonoscope in an anatomical model: retroflexed withdrawal and detection of hidden polyps.
- Predictive factors for surgery among patients with pancreatic cysts in the absence of high-risk features for malignancy.
- Cyst Fluid Glucose is Rapidly Feasible and Accurate in Diagnosing Mucinous Pancreatic Cysts.
- Systematic Review of Pancreatic Cyst Fluid Biomarkers: The Path Forward.
- Clinical chronic pancreatitis.
- Cholestyramine as a promising, strong anion exchange resin for direct capture of genetic biomarkers from raw pancreatic fluids.
- Fukuoka and AGA Criteria Have Superior Diagnostic Accuracy for Advanced Cystic Neoplasms than Sendai Criteria.
- Editors' Introduction to the Chronic Pancreatitis and Pancreatic Cysts Special Issue.
- How to Be an Advocate for Your Profession and Your Practice.
- Stanford University Hospital -Internal Medicine Residency Training Program 2006
- Stanford University School of Medicine,Stanford, Ca, United States 2009
- Digestive diseases and sciencesGastrointestil stromal tumor: an unusual cause of gastrointestil bleeding.2013
- GASTROINTESTIL ENDOSCOPYMetabolomic-derived novel cyst fluid biomarkers for pancreatic cysts: glucose and kynurenine2013
- PANCREASThe Epidemiology of Idiopathic Acute Pancreatitis2013
- ANLS OF SURGICAL ONCOLOGYPancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors: Radiographic Calcifications Correlate with Grade and Metastasis2012
- GASTROINTESTIL ENDOSCOPYEndoscopic mucosal resection with an over-the-counter hyalurote preparation2012
- DIGESTIVE DISEASES AND SCIENCESAdult Intestil Malrotation: When Things Turn the Wrong Way2012
- F1000 medicine reportsScreening for pancreatic cancer: what can cyst fluid alysis tell us?2011
- GASTROINTESTIL ENDOSCOPYEUS-guided gold fiducial insertion for image-guided radiation therapy of pancreatic cancer2010
- PANCREATOLOGYMagement of Pancreatic Cystic Neoplasms: Decision-Making with Limited Information2010
- GASTROINTESTIL ENDOSCOPYElection year fever? Voting on EUS criteria for chronic pancreatitis2009
- JAMA-JOURL OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATIONPrevalence of nonpolypoid2008
- GASTROINTESTIL ENDOSCOPYInjection therapies for variceal bleeding disorders of the GI tract2008
- GASTROINTESTIL ENDOSCOPYInjection therapies for nonvariceal bleeding disorders of the GI tract2007
- DIGESTIVE ENDOSCOPYGiant gastric ulcers in chronic spil cord injury patients2007
- Digestive diseases and sciencesGastrointestinal stromal tumor: an unusual cause of gastrointestinal bleeding.2013
- GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPYMetabolomic-derived novel cyst fluid biomarkers for pancreatic cysts: glucose and kynurenine2013
- PANCREASThe Epidemiology of Idiopathic Acute Pancreatitis2013
- GASTROENTEROLOGYHow to Value Technological Innovation: A Proposal for Determining Relative Clinical Value2013
- Park, W. G., Wu, M., Bowen, R., Zheng, M., Fitch, W. L., Pai, R. K., WDiagnostic Utility of Metabolomic-Derived Biomarkers for Pancreatic Cysts2012
- ANNALS OF SURGICAL ONCOLOGYPancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors: Radiographic Calcifications Correlate with Grade and Metastasis2012
- GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPYEndoscopic mucosal resection with an over-the-counter hyaluronate preparation2012
- BMC GASTROENTEROLOGYDiagnostic accuracy of cyst fluid amphiregulin in pancreatic cysts2012
- DIGESTIVE DISEASES AND SCIENCESAdult Intestinal Malrotation: When Things Turn the Wrong Way2012
- DIGESTIVE DISEASES AND SCIENCESColloid Carcinoma of the Pancreas2011
- F1000 medicine reportsScreening for pancreatic cancer: what can cyst fluid analysis tell us?2011
- PANCREASDiagnostic Performance of Cyst Fluid Carcinoembryonic Antigen2011
- GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPYEUS-guided gold fiducial insertion for image-guided radiation therapy of pancreatic cancer2010
- PANCREATOLOGYManagement of Pancreatic Cystic Neoplasms: Decision-Making with Limited Information2010
- GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPYElection year fever? Voting on EUS criteria for chronic pancreatitis2009
- DIGESTIVE DISEASES AND SCIENCESPainless Jaundice and Bilaterally Enlarged Sub-mandibular Glands in an Elderly Man2009
- JAMA-JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATIONPrevalence of nonpolypoid2008
- GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPYInjection therapies for variceal bleeding disorders of the GI tract2008
- GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPYInjection therapies for nonvariceal bleeding disorders of the GI tract2007
- Minerva gastroenterologica e dietologicaDiagnosis and treatment of chronic hepatitis B: an update.2007
- DIGESTIVE ENDOSCOPYGiant gastric ulcers in chronic spinal cord injury patients2007
- Minerva gastroenterologica e dietologicaDiagnosis and treatment of chronic hepatitis B.2004
Experience & Accolades
- Assistant Professor of Medicine (Gastroenterology and Hepatology)the Stanford University Medical Center
Dr. Walter Gwang-up Park M.D.'s Practice location
Stanford, CA 94305Get Direction
Dr. Walter Gwang-up Park M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Park
- Reasons Why You Need a Gallbladder Surgery
The gallbladder is found under the liver on the right side of the abdomen. It has the shape of a pear and looks like a small sac. Your liver produces a fluid used during digestion known as bile. The gallbladder stores bile before releasing it into the small intestine. If the gallbladder is infected...
- Gas, Bloating, and Burping
Gas, bloating, and burping are normal conditions that are often very uncomfortable and embarrassing. Gas is produced in the gastrointestinal system as the food is digested to form energy. Changes in the diet can definitely cut down the formation of gas and save you from discomfort and embarrassment....
- Tips on Living with IBS
Manage Your ConditionIt is not called the "irritable" bowel syndrome for nothing. IBS causes chronic pain and discomfort in the abdomen, as well as bloating and changes in bowel habits. These symptoms can cause physical and psychological discomforts. All things considered, there is no cure for IBS....
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Crohn's Disease Could Delay Bowel Cancer Diagnosis
Abdominal pain, frequent and recurring diarrhea, blood in the stool, and problematic bowel movements are all common symptoms for those suffering from Crohn’s disease. Unfortunately, they are also identical symptoms with those of bowel cancer, which can be one of the hardest cancers to diagnose in...
- Is Gastroenteritis Related to Drug Withdrawal?
The symptoms accompanying drug withdrawal can be psychological or physical, changing your thoughts, feelings, and actions. For instance, drugs like cocaine and heroin trigger strong physical dependence. For other chemical substances, dependencies are more likely to cause psychological problems....
- Richard Jay Kramer751 South Bascon Avenue San Jose California 95128
- Dr. Rasik Kansara M.D.200 Jose Figueres Ave San Jose CA 95116
- Dr. Jiayi Li M.D.701 E El Camino Real Mountain View CA 94040
- Dr. Erick Peiren Chan MD795 El Camino Real Palo Alto CA 94301
- Dr. Shai Friedland M.D.300 PASTEUR DR STANFORD CA 94305
- Dr. Yasser M Bhat M.D.795 EL CAMINO REAL PALO ALTO CA 94301