Dr. Thomas H Schwarcz M.D.
Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery1760 Nicholasville Road Suite 202 Lexington KY, 40503
Dr. Thomas Schwarcz is a General and Vascular Surgeon serving the Lexington area for more than 25 years. Dr. Schwarcz is experienced in Varicose Vein Treatment, Spider Vein Treatment and Endovenous Laser ...
Education and Training
Ohio State University B.A. 1976
Ohio State University College of Medicine M.D. 1979
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Telemedicine in vascular surgery: does it work?
- Endovascular repair of external iliac artery occlusion after hip prosthesis migration.
- Autogenous vein graft repair of injured extremity arteries: early and late
- Longitudinal retractive force in pressurized dog and human arteries.
- A rapid, accurate, noninvasive technique for diagnosing critical and subcritical stenoses in aortoiliac arteries.
- Balloon embolectomy catheter-induced arterial injury: a comparison of four catheters.
- Lupus-like anticoagulants and lower extremity arterial occlusive disease.
- Hypercoagulable states and lower limb ischemia in young adults.
- Dacron inhibition of arterial regenerative activities.
- Arterial regeneration over polydioxanone prostheses in the rabbit.
- A prospective randomized trial of the Lazarus-Nelson vs. the standard peritoneal dialysis catheter for peritoneal lavage in blunt abdominal trauma.
- Early myointimal hyperplasia after balloon catheter embolectomy: effect of shear forces and multiple withdrawals.
- Risk factors affecting the natural history of intermittent claudication.
- Mechanisms of arterial and aneurysmal tortuosity.
- Renal failure after embolization of a prosthetic mitral valve disc and review of systemic disc embolization.
- Patients' Choice Award 2014 Vital.com
- On-Time Doctor Award 2014 Vitals.com
- Department of Surgery Ward O. Griffen Award 1991, 1993 Department of Surgery Ward O. Griffen
- Master Teacher Award 1995 University of Kentucky College of Medicine
- Chief Resident’s Award 2001 Chief Resident’s
- Department of Surgery Ben Eiseman Surgery Teaching Award 2001, 2002 Department of Surgery Ben Eiseman Surgery Teaching
- Dvt Treatments (including Thrombolysis)
- Ivc Filter Placement & Removal
- Endovenous Laser Ablation To Treat The Main Varicose Veins
- Microphlebectomy Varicose Vein Removal
- Sclerotherapy (for Treatment Of Spider Veins)
- Professional Member Association for Academic Surgery 1985
- Professional Member Association of VA Surgeons 1988
- Professional Member John H. Davis Society 1988
- Professional Member Midwestern Vascular Surgical Society 1989
- Fellow American College of Surgeons 1989
- Professional Member Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society 1990
- Professional Member International Society for Cardiovascular Surgery, North American Chapter 1990
- Professional Member Lexington Surgical Society 1990
- Founding Member Kentucky Vascular Surgery Society 1990
- Professional Member Southern Association for Vascular Surgery 1991
- University Of Vermont Medical Center General Surgery 1984
- Loyola University of Chicago Vascular 1986
Dr. Thomas H Schwarcz M.D.'s Practice location
Lexington, KY 40503Get Direction
LEXINGTON, KY 40503Get Direction
Dr. Thomas H Schwarcz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schwarcz
- Donna b.
i have been really pleased with my experience with this office and everyone involved. .
- Barbara b.
my experience was great. wonderful dr and staff. Considerant and kind and caring..
- Ronda m.
- Robert b.
Dr. Schwarcz and his staff helped me to overcome a DVT bloodclot..
- C b.
High praises for Dr. Schwarcz.
- How Can I Improve Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins can affect your self esteem, since they are distressing and painful. These veins can develop anywhere in the body, although the legs are commonly affected. They are usually twisted, swollen and deep purple or blue in color.When blood starts accumulating in the veins as a result of...
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Decubitus Ulcers or Pressure Ulcers: What Are They?
Decubitus ulcers or pressure ulcers, more commonly known as bedsores, are open wounds on your skin due to the prolonged pressure applied to the area. These ulcers occur mostly over the bony prominences such as the hips, tailbone, ankle, and heels. Bedsores are a frequent condition experienced by...
- Dr. Gabriel J Bietz M.D.800 Rose Street Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. Amy L Lipscomb M.D.800 ROSE ST LEXINGTON KY 40536
- Dr. Eric Endean MD740 South Limestone Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. Shane Damien O'keeffe MD800 Rose St Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. Ehab E Sorial MD740 S Limestone St Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. David Jon Minion MD740 S Limestone St Lexington KY 40536