Dr. Thomas Scott Hopkins D.O.
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry939 Office Park Rd Suite 200 West Des Moines IA, 50265
Dr. Thomas Hopkins practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in West Des Moines, IA. Dr. Hopkins evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Hopkins seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine 2003
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Adjustment Disorder
Dr. Thomas Scott Hopkins D.O.'s Practice location
West Des Moines, IA 50265Get Direction
Dr. Thomas Scott Hopkins D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hopkins
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Dr. Patricia M Al-adsani MD3900 Ingersoll Ave Des Moines IA 50312
- Dr. Joyce A Vista wayne MD1750 48th St Des Moines IA 50310
- Dr. Randall Allen Kavalier DO1003 Grand Avenue West Des Moines IA 50265
- Dr. Truce T. Ordona MD1301 Center St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Deanna Book Boesen M.D.3408 Woodland Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Mohammed Saeed Aldosari M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314