Dr. Mark Lawrence Prochaska M.D.
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry7011 W 121st St Suite 105 Leawood KS, 66209
Dr. Mark Prochaska is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Leawood, KS. Dr. Prochaska specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Prochaska helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1984
University of Wales in Great Britain 1984
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Addiction Psychiatry
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Adjustment Disorder
- C F Menninger Mem Hosp, Psychiatry
- C F MENNINGER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Dr. Mark Lawrence Prochaska M.D.'s Practice location
Leawood, KS 66209Get Direction
Leawood, KS 66209Get Direction
Dr. Mark Lawrence Prochaska M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Prochaska
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Dr. Maritza Buenaver M.D.4801 E Linwood Blvd Kansas City MO 64128
- Dr. Everette Theodore Sitzman MD5200 W 94TH TER PRAIRIE VILLAGE KS 66207
- Dr. Arturo G Quiason MD17221 E 23rd St S Independence MO 64057
- Dr. Steven Deane Segraves MD8900 State Line Rd Leawood KS 66206
- Carolina Aponte urdaneta4200 Somerset Dr Prairie Village KS 66208
- Dr. Syed Moin Akhter M.D.2205 W 36th Ave Kansas City KS 66103