Dr. Joss Thomas is an anesthesiologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Thomas ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Thomas also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
St. John's Medical
- University of South Florida 2004
- Children's Hospital-Ped. Anesthesia, Boston, MA 2005
- Baystate-Anesthesia/Critical Care, Springfield, MA 2005
- Children's Hospital, Boston, MA Pediatric Anesthesiology
Dr. Joss J Thomas MD MPH's Practice location
Dr. Joss J Thomas MD MPH's reviewsWrite Review
- Breast Cancer: Signs, Symptoms, and Diagnosis
Breast cancer is the second most common cause of cancer related deaths in women. If breast cancer is diagnosed early, you are more likely to have a better outcome. So, it is always best to know the common signs and symptoms of breast cancer. Most women suffering with breast cancer may not show any...
- New Advancement to Reduce Rate of Breast Cancer Spreading
One of the most difficult aspects of treating cancer is fighting against the speed at which the cancer spreads throughout the body. As cells grow and multiply, they begin to affect larger systems in the body, and can metastasize to different systems entirely. Once a cancer has spread from the...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Esther M Benedetti MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Yasser M Karim MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Jaroslaw S Przybyl MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Christina M Spofford M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Melinda S Seering MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Tyrone B Whitter MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242