Melinda Cavicchia is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Sanford, NC. Cavicchia specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Cavicchia participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1991
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Madigan Army Med Ctr, General Preventive Medicine; Womack Army Med Ctr, Family Medicine
Dr. Melinda Ann Cavicchia MD, MPH's Practice location
Sanford, NC 27332Get Direction
Dr. Melinda Ann Cavicchia MD, MPH's reviewsWrite Review
- Tips for Living with Stroke
A stroke is a severe condition that is brought about by insufficient blood supply to the brain. This can be as a result of a blood clot or a broken blood vessel. According to physicians, stroke can cause different effects. However, if you stick to the treatment options designed by your doctor, a...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- Why Is the Cause of Multiple Sclerosis Unknown?
It is a challenging experience for a doctor to break the news of the disease to a patient suffering from multiple sclerosis (MS) as the cause of the disease is unknown.Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks its tissues. It is a progressive neurological disorder....
- How to Prepare for Occupational Therapy
There really is no single way to prepare for occupational therapy or any other forms of therapy for that matter. Treatment of disease is straightforward. The tests are known and the diagnosis is definitive. If the medication is tested and the side-effects are known, then the recovery time can be...
- What Conditions Warrant Occupational Therapy?
In general, therapy refers to an attempt of diagnosing a health problem upon identification. Various forms of therapy have been created to address different health problems. Occupational therapy (OT) is among the newer forms of therapies which is very closely related to physical therapy (PT), but is...
- Alternative Treatments for Autism
Many parents of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, prefer to consider alternative treatments to help improve overall health and behavioral problems.The effectiveness and safety of all alternative treatments has not been fully researched. Every treatment therefore will not work...
- Dr. Lynden Prewl Bowden MD96 Civil Affairs Battalion Fort Bragg NC 28310
- Dr. Kevin Newell Keenan MDWomack Army Medical Center Fort Bragg NC 28310
- Leon Ensalada OtherWomack Army Medical Ctr Fort Bragg NC 28310
- Dr. Mary Elizabeth Gabriel MD2817 Reilly Rd Fort Bragg NC 28310
- Dr. Jeffrey Lane Kingsbury M.D., M.P.H.Womack Army Medical Center Fort Bragg NC 28310
- Dr. Kathleen Dunn Farr MDJsomtc Usajfkswcs Fort Bragg NC 28310