Dr. Douglas William Storm MD
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology555 S 18th St Fl 6 Columbus OH, 43205
Dr. Douglas Storm practices Pediatric Urology in Columbus, OH. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Storm is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Storm performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Conservative management of a bleeding renal angiomyolipoma in pregnancy.
- Radiographic diagnosis of a large inguinal hernia involving the urinary bladder and causing obstructive renal failure.
- Novel management of urinary tract infections.
- The relationship between obesity and complications after neonatal circumcision.
- Editorial comment.
- Acute focal bacterial nephritis due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in an immunocompetent adult.
- Teasing in school locker rooms regarding penile appearance.
- Should prenatal hydronephrosis that resolves before birth be followed postnatally? Analysis and comparison to persistent prenatal hydronephrosis.
- Utility of the distal ureteral diameter on VCUG for grading VUR.
- Pediatric emphysematous cystitis: a report and review of a rare diagnosis in children.
- Editorial Comment.
- The Modern Metabolic Stone Evaluation in Children.
- Reply by the Author.
- Inter-rater reliability of distal ureteral diameter ratio compared to grade of VUR.
- Outcomes and satisfaction in pediatric patients with Chait cecostomy tubes.
- The Iowa Voiding Improvement Partnership experience: Early observations with a collaborative pediatric uro-psychologic clinic.
- Ultrastructural studies on the fate of group B meningococci in human peripheral blood leukocytes.
- A study of phagocytosis of radio-labeled Staphylococcus epidermidis and on structural events during intracellular degradation.
- Robotic Surgery
- National Naval Medical Center 2000
- UROLOGY, PEDIATRIC UROLOGY, NATIONWIDE CHILDRENS HOSPITAL, COLUMBUS, OH 2008
- Nationwide Children's Hospital, Columbus, OH Pediatric Urology
Dr. Douglas William Storm MD's Practice location
Columbus, OH 43205Get Direction
Dr. Douglas William Storm MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Storm
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Dr. Brian A Vanderbrink M.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Venkata Ramakrishna Jayanthi M.D.555 S 18th St Columbus OH 43205
- Dr. Stephen Andrew Koff M.D.555 S 18th St Columbus OH 43205
- Molly Elizabeth Fuchs MD700 CHILDRENS DR COLUMBUS OH 43205
- Dr. Christina Ching MD700 Childrens Dr Columbus OH 43205
- Dr. Seth Adam Alpert MD555 S 18th St Columbus OH 43205