Dr. Douglas William Storm MD
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Douglas Storm practices Pediatric Urology in Columbus, OH. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Storm is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Storm performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Conservative management of a bleeding renal angiomyolipoma in pregnancy.
- Radiographic diagnosis of a large inguinal hernia involving the urinary bladder and causing obstructive renal failure.
- Novel management of urinary tract infections.
- The relationship between obesity and complications after neonatal circumcision.
- Editorial comment.
- Acute focal bacterial nephritis due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in an immunocompetent adult.
- Teasing in school locker rooms regarding penile appearance.
- Should prenatal hydronephrosis that resolves before birth be followed postnatally? Analysis and comparison to persistent prenatal hydronephrosis.
- Utility of the distal ureteral diameter on VCUG for grading VUR.
- Pediatric emphysematous cystitis: a report and review of a rare diagnosis in children.
- Editorial Comment.
- The Modern Metabolic Stone Evaluation in Children.
- Reply by the Author.
- Inter-rater reliability of distal ureteral diameter ratio compared to grade of VUR.
- Robotic Surgery
- National Naval Medical Center 2000
- UROLOGY, PEDIATRIC UROLOGY, NATIONWIDE CHILDRENS HOSPITAL, COLUMBUS, OH 2008
- Nationwide Children's Hospital, Columbus, OH Pediatric Urology
Dr. Douglas William Storm MD's Practice location
Columbus, OH 43205Get Direction
Dr. Douglas William Storm MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Storm
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...