Dr. Steven Eric Zimmet MD, RVT, FAVPH
Dermatologist | Procedural Dermatology1500 W 34th St Austin TX, 78703
Dr. Steven Zimmet has been practicing dermatology in Austin, Texas for over thirty years. In 2007 he became the Founding President of the American Board of Phlebology and, in 2011, he was elected by his ...
Education and Training
The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio 1978
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Venous leg ulcers: modern evaluation and management.
- Endovenous laser treatment.
- Endovenous laser treatment of saphenous vein reflux: long-term results.
- Leg ulcers.
- Sclerotherapy treatment of telangiectasias and varicose veins.
- Construction and validation of a patient-reported outcome dedicated to chronic venous disorders: SQOR-V (specific quality of life and outcome response - venous).
- Compression therapy in venous disease.
- Board Certification: a historic milestone in phlebology in the USA.
- Regarding "Incorporating outpatient venous procedures into a vascular surgery practice".
- Evolution of phlebology: the journal of venous disease.
- A patient with transient hypertension and visual disturbance following the use of scleremo.
- Treatment of varicose and telangiectatic leg veins with hypertonic saline.
- Editors' note regarding Blood pressure normalization post-jugular venous balloon angioplasty.
- Exploring the value of vein center accreditation to the venous specialist.
- PCOM/UPMC Shadyside Hospital Program
Dr. Steven Eric Zimmet MD, RVT, FAVPH's Practice location
Austin, TX 78703Get Direction
Dr. Steven Eric Zimmet MD, RVT, FAVPH's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Zimmet
- How do I Get Rid of Blackheads?
How do I Get Rid of Blackheads?Blackheads – what are they good for? Don’t you feel like you can see them but cannot do anything about them? Now your friend has a chance to point out that your face is not so clear after all! If only you could banish them completely! Understanding these...
- The Super Anti-Aging Drug You Need to Know About
Retinoids are considered to be the best weapon against aging by most dermatologists. Often regarded as an indispensable anti-aging component, this vitamin A derivative reduces wrinkles, increases the thickness and elasticity of the skin, and lightens the dark spots caused by sunlight. Retinoids...
- Jock Itch: The Facts You Should Know
Jock itch can be very embarrassing. The skin folds itch like crazy in the wrong places at the wrong time. The more you scratch, the more reddish and tender the area becomes. Men get it more often than women, and you don’t have to be an athlete blazing the tracks to get this abdominal itch. Here...
- What Is Nodular Melanoma?
Melanoma is a serious skin cancer which arises from pigment cells called as melanocytes. An invasive form of melanoma is called nodular melanoma. Nodular melanoma is a serious skin cancer that got its name from the word "nodule", a doctor’s term for a lump as nodular melanoma lesions are shaped...
- Causes, Treatment, and Prevention of Petechiae
Petechiae are tiny dots that appear as red, brown, or purple in color beneath the skin. They are usually seen in clusters on the stomach, buttocks, arms, and legs. However, they may also appear inside the mouth or on the eyelids. Petechiae may indicate different conditions, which can range from...
- What Genital Wart Recurrence Means
People often assume that treatment options available for genital warts are 100% effective, but there is still a chance of resurgance after the warts are removed. Both the topical applications and physical ablation techniques although can be quite helpful in removing the visible warts in the...