Dr. Mark Franco is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Omaha, NE. Dr. Franco specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Franco tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1986
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1986
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Torn Meniscus
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Orthopedic Surgery
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Arizona) Program
Dr. Mark G Franco MD's Practice location
Omaha, NE 68118Get Direction
Dr. Mark G Franco MD's reviewsWrite Review
- When to Be Concerned About Sternum Pain
IntroductionThe sternum, also called as the breastbone, is a flat bone situated at the center of the chest. It connects to the ribs through cartilages and forms the front of the rib cage, which helps protect the lungs, heart, and major blood vessels from injuries. Since the sternum is near to the...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- 7 Things that Should be Known About Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy (MD) is a genetic disorder characterized by progressive muscle weakness and degeneration. MD is a progressive disorder which means that it worsens over time. It affects skeletal muscles that are responsible for controlling body movement and eventually affects other organs. There...
- Physical Activity Benefits Knees
Results from a new study contradict earlier reports that exercise may not be beneficial for the knees. According to the new study, there is no doubt that exercise improves knee cartilage and the overall knee health. The researchers do agree that exercise is linked with increased chances of bony...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Coping with Muscular Dystrophy
Discussing with a child that they have a muscle wasting disease is not easy. People who are diagnosed with muscular dystrophy have a mind that functions normally, but a body that does not. Being a parent of a child with MD revolves around acceptance. When you get past the initial fear and...
- Dr. Karl A. Bergmann M.D.601 N 30th St Omaha NE 68131
- Dr. Charles E Rosipal MD17030 Lakeside Hills Plz Omaha NE 68130
- Dr. Huy Dinh Trinh M.D.One Edmundson Place Council Bluffs IA 51503
- Dr. Matthew A Mormino MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Todd Dale Sekundiak MD601 N 30th St Omaha NE 68131
- Dr. Richard Michael Gross M.D.17030 Lakeside Hills Plz Omaha NE 68130