Dr. Michael Allen Olympio MD
Anesthesiologist505 Parnassus Ave # M-1202 San Francisco CA, 94143
Dr. Michael Olympio is an anesthesiologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Olympio ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Olympio also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Fl Coll of Med, Gainesville Fl 1982
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- 2009
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Electromyography monitoring for percutaneous placement of iliosacral screws.
- Emergence from anesthesia in the prone versus supine position in patients undergoing lumbar surgery.
- Teaching cardiovascular physiology using patient simulation.
- Dynamic left ventricular outflow obstruction during lumbar laminectomy as an unexpected cause of intraoperative hypotension.
- Failure of simulation training to change residents' management of oesophageal intubation.
- Tight mask fit could have prevented "airway" obstruction.
- Hypertonic/hyperoncotic fluid resuscitation after hemorrhagic shock in dogs.
- Postanesthetic delirium: historical perspectives.
- Expiratory limb ventilation during unique failure of the anesthesia machine breathing circuit.
- Postoperative visual loss after robotic pelvic surgery.
- In reply.
- Isolation of a domain of the plasma membrane in Chinese hamster ovary cells which contains iodinatable, acidic glycoproteins of high molecular weight.
- Instructional review improves performance of anesthesia apparatus checkout procedures.
- The importance of the postoperative anesthetic visit: do repeated visits improve
- The preoperative evaluation for symptomatic carotid endarterectomy: a debated issue.
- 2008 Senior Oral Examiner, American Board of Anesthesiology
- 2007 Best Doctors, Inc.
- 2003 America's Top Physicians, Consumer's Research Council
- WFU Anesthesia Residency Program 1991, 1991 Golden Apple Teaching Award
- Genitourinary Disorders (urinary System & Male Reproductive Organs), Urology (urinary Tract Disease), Anesthesia And More
- Member Society for Educ in Anesthesia
- Member Am Soc Of Anesthesiologists
- Member Anesthesia Patient Safety Foun
- Member Society for Simulation in Healthcare
- Member American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Member North Carolina Society for Anesthesiologists
- Member Society for Education in Anesthesia
- Member North Carolina Medical Society
- Wake Forest University, Neurosurgical Anesthesiology, NC, USA 1986
- University of Florida College 1979
- WFU School of Medicine 1986
Dr. Michael Allen Olympio MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
WINSTON SALEM, NC 27157Get Direction
Dr. Michael Allen Olympio MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Olympio
- What are the Remedies for Menstrual Cramps?
Pain across the abdominal region and the back that occurs before and during the menstrual periods is referred to as menstrual cramps. The pain may range from mild to severe, and it can vary depending on the individual. Menstrual cramps are generally seen in girls who are overweight or obese. Those...
- Why Does Diabetes Cause Severe Headaches?
Diabetes is a serious health issue in America, mainly as a result of the increasing obesity rate. The symptoms or effects of diabetes include blurred vision or blindness, loss of limbs and sensitivity to certain foods, and more recently, headaches. Diabetes is considered a serious health condition...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Mr. Jeffrey H. Levy MD2299 Post Street San Francisco California 94115
- Tara B. Hojiwala450 Stanyan Street San Francisco California 94117
- Barbara Dodson521 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Francisco Cosmas Rico MD20103 Lake Chabot Rd Castro Valley CA 94546
- Dr. Douglas G Ririe MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Gary Martinovsky MD2299 Post St San Francisco CA 94115