Dr. Michael Allen Olympio MD
AnesthesiologistMEDICAL CENTER BLVD WINSTON SALEM NC, 27157
Dr. Michael Olympio is an anesthesiologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Olympio ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Olympio also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Fl Coll of Med, Gainesville Fl 1982
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- 2009
- Electromyography monitoring for percutaneous placement of iliosacral screws.
- Emergence from anesthesia in the prone versus supine position in patients undergoing lumbar surgery.
- Teaching cardiovascular physiology using patient simulation.
- Dynamic left ventricular outflow obstruction during lumbar laminectomy as an unexpected cause of intraoperative hypotension.
- Failure of simulation training to change residents' management of oesophageal intubation.
- Tight mask fit could have prevented "airway" obstruction.
- Hypertonic/hyperoncotic fluid resuscitation after hemorrhagic shock in dogs.
- Postanesthetic delirium: historical perspectives.
- Expiratory limb ventilation during unique failure of the anesthesia machine breathing circuit.
- Postoperative visual loss after robotic pelvic surgery.
- In reply.
- Isolation of a domain of the plasma membrane in Chinese hamster ovary cells which contains iodinatable, acidic glycoproteins of high molecular weight.
- Instructional review improves performance of anesthesia apparatus checkout procedures.
- The importance of the postoperative anesthetic visit: do repeated visits improve
- The preoperative evaluation for symptomatic carotid endarterectomy: a debated issue.
- 2008 Senior Oral Examiner, American Board of Anesthesiology
- 2007 Best Doctors, Inc.
- 2003 America's Top Physicians, Consumer's Research Council
- WFU Anesthesia Residency Program 1991, 1991 Golden Apple Teaching Award
- Genitourinary Disorders (urinary System & Male Reproductive Organs), Urology (urinary Tract Disease), Anesthesia And More
- Member Society for Educ in Anesthesia
- Member Am Soc Of Anesthesiologists
- Member Anesthesia Patient Safety Foun
- Member Society for Simulation in Healthcare
- Member American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Member North Carolina Society for Anesthesiologists
- Member Society for Education in Anesthesia
- Member North Carolina Medical Society
- Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, Anesthesiology
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center 1985
- Wake Forest University, Neurosurgical Anesthesiology, NC, USA 1986
- University of Florida College 1979
- WFU School of Medicine 1986
Dr. Michael Allen Olympio MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
WINSTON SALEM, NC 27157Get Direction
Dr. Michael Allen Olympio MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Olympio
- What Can Too Much Sodium Do to My Body?
A recent CDC report shows that many of restaurants and grocery stores have food that contain extremely high levels of sodium in its product. Breads and rolls were noted to be the most important culprits among these. Some of the foods that contribute to almost 44% of the sodium content that we...
- Chlamydia Treatment Options
Infections that are transmitted through sexual contact are known as sexually transmitted diseases or STDs. One type of a sexually transmitted disease (STD) is chlamydia.In the US, a substantial number of chlamydia infections are reported every year, making it one of the most common sexually...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Matthew L. Baker M.D.Wake Forest Baptist Medical Ctr Winston Salem NC 27157
- Dr. Thomas A. Nakagawa MDMedical Center Blvd Winston Salem North Carolina 27157
- Mrs. Miranda Kapural MDMEDICAL CENTER BLVD WINSTON SALEM NC 27157
- Dr. Meredith Claire brandt Adams MDMEDICAL CENTER BLVD WINSTON SALEM NC 27157
- Dr. Douglas G Ririe MDMEDICAL CENTER BLVD WINSTON SALEM NC 27157
- Dr. Medge Denise Owen MDMEDICAL CENTER BLVD WINSTON SALEM NC 27157