Dr. Julia Shekunov M.D.
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry446 E Ontario St Suite 7-100 Chicago IL, 60611
Dr. Julia Shekunov practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Chicago, IL. Dr. Shekunov evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Shekunov seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Dr. Julia Shekunov M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60611Get Direction
ROCHESTER, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Julia Shekunov M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shekunov
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Wajid Khan127 Arthur Avenue Clarendon Hills Illinois 60514
- Edwin H. Cook Other1747 W Roosevelt Rd Chicago IL 60608
- Dr. Sonia Bayani Yballe MD3903 Indianapolis Blvd East Chicago IN 46312
- Dr. Jennifer Lynn Kurth DO225 E Chicago Ave Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Danijela Stojanac M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Peter Warner Nichols MD1740 W Taylor St Chicago IL 60612