Dr. Michael Gerard Oefelein M.D.
Urologist8851 Center Dr Suite #501 La Mesa CA, 91942
Dr. Michael Oefelein is a urologist practicing in La Mesa, CA. Dr. Oefelein specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Serum testosterone-based luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone agonist redosing schedule for chronic androgen ablation: a phase I assessment.
- Failure to achieve castrate levels of testosterone during luteinizing hormone releasing hormone agonist therapy: the case for monitoring serum testosterone and a treatment decision algorithm.
- Skeletal fracture associated with androgen suppression induced osteoporosis: the clinical incidence and risk factors for patients with prostate cancer.
- Skeletal fractures negatively correlate with overall survival in men with prostate cancer.
- The accuracy of the increased prostate specific antigen level (greater than or equal to 20 ng./ml.) in predicting prostate cancer: is biopsy always required?
- Health related quality of life using serum testosterone as the trigger to re-dose long acting depot luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone agonists in patients with prostate cancer.
- Urologic manifestations of nonurologic diseases gastrointestinal disorders.
- Transitional cell carcinoma recurrence in the nephrostomy tract after percutaneous resection.
- Effective testosterone suppression for patients with prostate cancer: is there a best castration?
- Chronic pain syndrome after laparoscopic radical nephrectomy.
- Prospective predictors of urinary continence after anatomical radical retropubic prostatectomy: a multivariate analysis.
- The impact of osteoporosis in men treated for prostate cancer.
- Association of tobacco use with hormone refractory disease and survival of patients with prostate cancer.
Dr. Michael Gerard Oefelein M.D.'s Practice location
La Mesa, CA 91942Get Direction
Spokane, WA 99223Get Direction
BAKERSFIELD, CA 93301Get Direction
Dr. Michael Gerard Oefelein M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Oefelein
- What Is Blue Balls and How to Get Rid of It
"Blue balls" is one of the most common health issues seen among young men who indulge in heavy sexual activities. It is the most uncomfortable situation for a man who tries to find immediate relief."Blue balls" as it is called is one of the slang terms used for vasocongestion in the testicles. It is...
- When Should I Get Checked for Prostate Cancer?
When Should I Get Checked For Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer is more likely to occur in men aged between forty and seventy years. It is therefore important to be aware of the signs and symptoms of prostate cancer. Symptoms warrant a visit to the doctor as soon as possible.Deciding on whether or not...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- Do I Need My Testicles Removed If I Have Testicular Cancer?
Testicular cancer, affecting the testosterone and sperm-producing sex glands, the testicles, distresses not more than 1 percent of all men who are diagnosed with different types of cancer. But cancer of the testes is increasingly common between the ages of 15 to 34, particularly in the white...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- When Should You See a Urologist?
What is a urologist?A urologist is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract diseases in both men and women. Urologists also deal with any problems involving the male reproductive system. They also perform surgery in some cases, such as opening up a urinary tract...
- Dr. Youssef S Tanagho MD, MPH8851 Center Dr La Mesa CA 91942
- Mr. Robert B Eisenberg M.D.8851 Center Dr La Mesa CA 91942
- Dr. Paul Edward Dato M.D.8851 Center Dr La Mesa CA 91942
- Dr. Cameron W Wilson MD8851 Center Dr La Mesa CA 91942
- Dr. James Carey Fawcett M.D.5565 Grossmont Center Dr La Mesa CA 91942
- Dr. Franklin D. Gaylis M.D.8851 Center Dr La Mesa CA 91942