Dr. Gailen Daugherty Marshall MD
Allergist and Immunologist | Allergy & Immunology2500 North State Street Department Of Medici Jackson MS, 39216
Dr. Gailen Marshall practices Allergy and Immunology care in Jackson, MS. Dr. Marshall specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. Allergist-Immunologists are trained and certified to treat each patients sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity. Dr. Marshall provides several means of testing and treatment to increase immunity to potentially harmful substances.
Education and Training
University of Houston BS 1972
Texas A&M University MS 1975
University of Texas GSBS Galveston PhD 1979
University of Texas Medical Branch MD 1984
American Board of Allergy and Immunology
American Board of Internal Medicine
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology
- Physiological and psychological effects of delivering medical news using a simulated physician-patient scenario.
- Unanswered questions on omalizumab (Xolair) patient selection and follow-up.
- Internal and external environmental influences in allergic diseases.
- Neuroendocrine mechanisms of immune dysregulation: applications to allergy and asthma.
- T helper cell cytokine profiles in preterm labor.
- Stress-associated changes in the steady-state expression of latent Epstein-Barr virus: implications for chronic fatigue syndrome and cancer.
- Office-based management of asthma in adults.
- The status of US allergy/immunology physicians in the 21st century: a report from the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Workforce Committee.
- Increased frequency of large local reactions among systemic reactors during subcutaneous allergen immunotherapy.
- Authors' responsibilities: guidance for submission of manuscripts to medical journals.
- Montelukast in the management of allergic rhinitis.
- The logarithmic transformation and the geometric mean in reporting experimental IgE results: what are they and when and why to use them?
- One hundred volumes of the Annals--pausing to look back at the past, around at the present, and forward toward the future.
- How stress and anxiety can alter immediate and late phase skin test responses in allergic rhinitis.
- Disparity between the presence and absence of food allergy action plans in one school district.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- R. faser Triplett Sr. MD Chair of Allergy and Immunology The University of Mississippi Medical Center 2012 - 2018
- Professor of Medicine, Pediatrics and Pathology The University of Mississippi Medical Center 2004 - 2018
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Baptist Memorial Hospital Memphis
Dr. Gailen Daugherty Marshall MD's Practice location
Jackson, MS 39216Get Direction
JACKSON, MS 39216Get Direction
Dr. Gailen Daugherty Marshall MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Marshall
- Are Food Allergies More Common in Children Than we Thought?
The results of a large study published in the journal Pediatrics, has shown that childhood food allergies are more common and dangerous than previously thought. In this study, researchers conducted a detailed survey of about 38,000 families who had at least one child under the age of 18-years-old....
- 5 Tips on Living with AIDS
OverviewAIDS is caused by human immune deficiency virus (HIV). The virus damages the immune system by interrupting the ability of the body to fight infection. The affected person becomes more vulnerable to disease. Individuals that are affected with HIV can acquire AIDS, but not all individuals...
- Is Sinusitis Preventable?
One of the leading reasons why individuals visit their doctors is sinus pain. According to research, approximately 37 million American citizens get symptoms for sinusitis like thick nasal discharge, sinus pain, and nasal congestion. That figure is on the rise due to an increase in pollutants and...
- Treating Lupus
Lupus or systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a chronic autoimmune condition where your immune system sees your own tissues as foreign cells and therefore starts to produce antibodies against them. Since the antibodies are produced by your own cells, these antibodies are given the term...
- What are the Possible Side Effects of Methylprednisolone?
Methylprednisolone is a common drug that is recommended for a number of conditions like arthritis, blood-related problems, allergies, cancers, eye conditions, and various other medical conditions. Methylprednisolone helps in reducing the response of the immune system of the body to various triggers...
- Autoimmune Disorders Affect Birth Rates
New research suggests that more than half of women who suffer from autoimmune disorders, like rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and lupus, have fewer babies than planned. This study is the first of its kind to find an association between autoimmune disorders and different conditions, like infertility,...
- Dr. Stephen F Kemp MD878 LAKELAND DR JACKSON MS 39216
- Mr. Daniel L Venarske M.D1513 Lakeland Dr. Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Joshua F Phillips M.D.1513 Lakeland Dr. , Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Dexter W Walcott M.D.1513 Lakeland Dr. Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Todd N Adkins M.D.1513 Lakeland Dr. Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Linda Gesina Tanaka MD5903 RIDGEWOOD RD STE 430 JACKSON MS 39211