Dr. Gailen Daugherty Marshall MD
Allergist and Immunologist | Allergy & Immunology2500 North State Street Department Of Medici Jackson MS, 39216
Dr. Gailen Marshall practices Allergy and Immunology care in Jackson, MS. Dr. Marshall specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. Allergist-Immunologists are trained and certified to treat each patients sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity. Dr. Marshall provides several means of testing and treatment to increase immunity to potentially harmful substances.
Education and Training
University of Houston BS 1972
Texas A&M University MS 1975
University of Texas GSBS Galveston PhD 1979
University of Texas Medical Branch MD 1984
American Board of Allergy and Immunology
American Board of Internal Medicine
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology
- Physiological and psychological effects of delivering medical news using a simulated physician-patient scenario.
- Unanswered questions on omalizumab (Xolair) patient selection and follow-up.
- Internal and external environmental influences in allergic diseases.
- Neuroendocrine mechanisms of immune dysregulation: applications to allergy and asthma.
- T helper cell cytokine profiles in preterm labor.
- Stress-associated changes in the steady-state expression of latent Epstein-Barr virus: implications for chronic fatigue syndrome and cancer.
- Office-based management of asthma in adults.
- The status of US allergy/immunology physicians in the 21st century: a report from the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Workforce Committee.
- Increased frequency of large local reactions among systemic reactors during subcutaneous allergen immunotherapy.
- Authors' responsibilities: guidance for submission of manuscripts to medical journals.
- Montelukast in the management of allergic rhinitis.
- The logarithmic transformation and the geometric mean in reporting experimental IgE results: what are they and when and why to use them?
- One hundred volumes of the Annals--pausing to look back at the past, around at the present, and forward toward the future.
- How stress and anxiety can alter immediate and late phase skin test responses in allergic rhinitis.
- Disparity between the presence and absence of food allergy action plans in one school district.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- R. faser Triplett Sr. MD Chair of Allergy and Immunology The University of Mississippi Medical Center 2012 - 2018
- Professor of Medicine, Pediatrics and Pathology The University of Mississippi Medical Center 2004 - 2018
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Baptist Memorial Hospital Memphis
Dr. Gailen Daugherty Marshall MD's Practice location
Jackson, MS 39216Get Direction
JACKSON, MS 39216Get Direction
Dr. Gailen Daugherty Marshall MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Marshall
- Can Eczema Be Treated with Over-the-Counter Medications?
What is eczema?Eczema is a condition that affects the skin. Its typical symptoms include a rough inflamed skin with fluid-filled blisters that are itchy. Eczema most often affects the areas of the neck, inner elbows, behind the knees, the wrists, ankles, and the creases between the buttocks. The...
- Causes and Treatment of a Persistent Cough
What is a persistent cough?It can be annoying to have a cough that lasts for more than a couple of weeks. A cough is considered chronic or persistent if it does not go away after four weeks in children and eight weeks in adults. However, most persistent coughs are due to colds, flu, infection, or...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Allergic Asthma?
Allergies have a direct connection with the immune system of a person.Primarily, our body’s defense system is meant to create a defense mechanism against various diseases that cause germs or bacteria. However, for people who have allergies, this defense mechanism also combats harmless substances...
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- Are There Natural Ways to Boost the Immune System?
Herbs in small doses are proper medicines. Our ancient ancestors, knowing of the powers of herbs, collected them in a particular accordance with motions of the Moon and Sun.Today, scientists have learned almost everything about all the possible influences of herbs on our body and are aware of...
- Self-Care Tips for Lupus
Do you have lupus? Do you want to know how can you be at your best? Lupus is a disease of flares. Flares come and go away naturally. Drugs are very important in controlling lupus symptoms. However, if you can control the flares, you can control the disease to a great extent.Lupus is also known as an...
- Dr. Chelle Wilhelm M.D.1513 Lakeland Drive Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Stephen F Kemp MD878 LAKELAND DR JACKSON MS 39216
- Dr. Joshua F Phillips M.D.1513 Lakeland Dr. , Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Todd N Adkins M.D.1513 Lakeland Dr. Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Dexter W Walcott M.D.1513 Lakeland Dr. Jackson MS 39216
- Mr. Daniel L Venarske M.D1513 Lakeland Dr. Jackson MS 39216