Dr. Rafat Owais Mohammed M.D.
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine2500 N State St Division Of Pulmonar Jackson MS, 39216
Dr. Rafat Mohammed practices Sleep Medicine in Jackson, MS. Dr. Mohammed studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- Lung Problems
Dr. Rafat Owais Mohammed M.D.'s Practice location
Jackson, MS 39216Get Direction
Palos Park, IL 60464Get Direction
Dr. Rafat Owais Mohammed M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mohammed
- What Is Restless Leg Syndrome?
Restless legs syndrome is a condition that causes an overwhelming sensation that urges you to move your legs. Symptoms are more prevalent during rest and become worse at night. For mild symptoms, treatment isn’t necessary since the illness will naturally pass by within a few days or weeks....
- The Negative Impact Sleep Apnea Can Have on a Child's Memory
Many already know that the pauses in breathing for a long period of time are what defines sleep apnea. However, what many may not know is that this disorder affects 1 out of 4 children and may occur between the ages of 2 and 8 years old. The American Sleep Apnea Association indicated that...
- Tips for Traveling with a CPAP Machine
A well-working CPAP can make all the difference for sleep apnea patients who need to improve their quality of life. Sometimes, they may not even think about a night without it by their bedside. But when you are a frequent traveler, this could be an issue.Travelers may experience several issues with...
- Sleep Disorder May Cause Brain Inflammation in Parkinson’s Patients
Researchers have long proposed that a sleep disorder may increase inflammatory responses, and may increase the risk of developing various neurodegenerative diseases, including Parkinson’s disease. A recent study called “Assessment of neuroinflammation in patients with idiopathic...
- What are the Causes of Sleep Deprivation?
If you are still feeling drowsy after a full nights sleep, you may have a sleeping disorder. The amount of sleep one requires may differ depending on the individual. Most adults require up to nine hours of sleep a day. Some may require as less as five hours, while there are some who will feel fresh...
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- Dr. Naveed Ahmad M.D.2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Mohammad Iftekhar Ullah MD2500 North State Street Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Andrea Lewis MD2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Allen Carl Richert M.D.2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Shashidhar M Shettar M.D.2500 N STATE ST JACKSON MS 39216
- Dr. Brenda Peyton Hines M.D.1600 E Woodrow Wilson Ave Jackson MS 39216