Dr. Suleman Bhana M.D.
Rheumatologist | Rheumatology26 Research Way East Setauket NY, 11733
Dr. Suleman Bhana is a rheumatologist practicing in East Setauket, NY. Dr. Bhana specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Bhana treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
St George',s University Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Member The American College or Rheumatology
- Member American College of Rheumatology
- Stony Brook University Medical Center and Affiliated Hospitals
Experience & Accolades
- MemberAtlantic Health System/Overlook Medical Center, Summit, NJ
Dr. Suleman Bhana M.D.'s Practice location
East Setauket, NY 11733Get Direction
MIDDLETOWN, NY 10941Get Direction
Dr. Suleman Bhana M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bhana
- Ways to Cope with Depression and Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia can cause you to feel hopelessness and depression. You never know what you will be able to do, from one day to the next. Understanding what you can and can’t do will help you manage your chronic pain. You need to assess yourself when you get up in the morning and be honest. Be okay...
- Early Stages of Lyme Disease
Lyme’s disease is acquired from the deer ticks which act as its host. The main cause, though, is a bacteria of the Borrelia type that is found in the tick saliva, and then transferred to humans whenever the tick bites.How do you contract Lyme disease?Deer ticks come in contact with humans in the...
- Pain that Requires Prompt Medical Attention
The following are a list of different painful experiences that one must seek medical attention for:Severe headache“If headache is accompanied by a cold, it could be sinus headache”, says Sandra Fryhofer, MD, MACP, spokeswoman for the American College of Physicians. If the headache is severe and...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- Rheumatoid Arthritis After Lyme Disease
It is not uncommon for those who have had Lyme disease to develop joint problems under the umbrella of refractory Lyme arthritis; however, researchers are urging to look further into the diagnosis, as it may be something else.Refractory Lyme vs. rheumatoid arthritisWhen you go to your doctor and...
- Therapy Dogs can Make a Difference for Fibromyalgia Patients
The main characteristics of fibromyalgia are the constant and chronic pain, and unrelenting fatigue. However, the pain is of a kind far beyond regular aching like the one caused by the flu. As a matter of fact, initially the symptoms may seem just like a common cold. When the disease progresses, the...
- Dr. Heidi Roppelt M.D.26 Research Way East Setauket NY 11733
- Dr. Mark L Bernstein MD2500 Route 347 Stony Brook NY 11790
- Dr. Naureen Mirza M.D.26 Research Way East Setauket NY 11733
- Dr. Howard B Blumstein M.D.315 Middle Country Rd Smithtown NY 11787
- Dr. Michael Martin Repice M.D.5 E Main St Huntington NY 11743
- Dr. Luiziana Manuela Marinescu M.D.315 Middle Country Rd Smithtown NY 11787