Mr. Brian Bahman Borg MD, MHS
Hepatologist | Hepatology1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA, 70121
Dr. Brian Borg is a hepatologist practicing in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Borg specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
- Immunization with hepatitis C virus-like particles results in control of hepatitis C virus infection in chimpanzees.
- Bone mineral density in patients with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis among end-stage liver disease patients awaiting liver transplantation.
- Rosai-Dorfman Disease Masquerading as Cholangiocarcinoma.
- Prince Georges Hospital Center
Mr. Brian Bahman Borg MD, MHS's Practice location
New Orleans, LA 70121Get Direction
Jackson, MS 39216Get Direction
JACKSON, MS 39216Get Direction
Mr. Brian Bahman Borg MD, MHS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Borg
- How Alcohol Abuse Can Influence Liver Cancer
Alcohol, what really is alcohol? From the scientific point of view, it is an organic compound. In this case, we look at it as a beverage made through the process of sugar fermentation. Alcohol can be highly intoxicating. Alcohol abuse entails the recurrent and harmful usage of alcohol.Alcohol abuse...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis?
Cirrhosis is attributed to an abnormal condition which causes a scarring of the liver that damages the functioning of the liver considerably. There are a number of factors that can result in the cirrhosis of the liver such as consuming excessive alcohol, viral hepatitis, other liver disease and so...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- Can Mononucleosis Affect My Liver?
Mononucleosis (mono) is not typically a serious disease, but it may lead to serious complications. Mononucleosis results from the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) that belongs to the herpes family. This virus is so common that most adults in their thirties have already developed immunity against it. The...
- Hepatitis: 5 Ways You Can Contract This Disease
In 1990s hepatitis was considered as a widespread health problem. About 1.4 million people all over the world get hepatitis A annually. It has been estimated that in parts of Asia and Africa, approximately one in ten people suffers from chronic Hepatitis B. Hepatitis is a condition which involves...
- Can I Live with Liver Cancer?
You can still live a happy and healthy life even if you have liver cancer. Liver cancer is a very deadly disease, and sometimes, it becomes very hard to treat it, especially in its advanced stages. In such cases, you don’t have to worry at all. You can receive your treatment according to your...
- Dr. Nigel Girgrah MD PHD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. George Therapondos MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Vivek Ramesh Huilgol MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Chaithanya Mallikarjun MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. David W Victor M.D.1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Shobha N. Joshi M.D.1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121