Mr. Brian Bahman Borg MD, MHS
Hepatologist | Hepatology1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA, 70121
Dr. Brian Borg is a hepatologist practicing in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Borg specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
- Immunization with hepatitis C virus-like particles results in control of hepatitis C virus infection in chimpanzees.
- Bone mineral density in patients with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis among end-stage liver disease patients awaiting liver transplantation.
- Rosai-Dorfman Disease Masquerading as Cholangiocarcinoma.
- Prince Georges Hospital Center
Mr. Brian Bahman Borg MD, MHS's Practice location
New Orleans, LA 70121Get Direction
Jackson, MS 39216Get Direction
JACKSON, MS 39216Get Direction
Mr. Brian Bahman Borg MD, MHS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Borg
- Hepatitis: 5 Ways You Can Contract This Disease
In 1990s hepatitis was considered as a widespread health problem. About 1.4 million people all over the world get hepatitis A annually. It has been estimated that in parts of Asia and Africa, approximately one in ten people suffers from chronic Hepatitis B. Hepatitis is a condition which involves...
- Can Hepatitis A Impact Your Quality of Life?
Hepatitis is the swelling of the liver, and this condition can be mostly curable but certain cases lead to fibrosis, liver cancer or complete liver failure. Hepatitis viruses are one of the leading sources of hepatitis, but other infections and substances like alcohol and drugs can also cause...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cancer?
Liver cancer is a condition that is characterized by the abnormal or cancerous growth of liver cells. Liver cells are also called as hepatocytes. Hence, liver cancer can also be called as hepatocellular cancer. Although other cell types can become cancerous, the most common cause of liver cancer is...
- The Signs and Symptoms of Hepatitis A
Hepatitis A is a virus or infection which leads to liver disease or inflammation of the liver.Generally, the symptoms of Hepatitis A, also known as HAV develop after four weeks upon being infected. Not everyone will experience the symptoms, especially children. Look at your GP if you think that you...
- Can Mononucleosis Affect My Liver?
Mononucleosis (mono) is not typically a serious disease, but it may lead to serious complications. Mononucleosis results from the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) that belongs to the herpes family. This virus is so common that most adults in their thirties have already developed immunity against it. The...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- Dr. Nigel Girgrah MD PHD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. David W Victor M.D.1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Shobha N. Joshi M.D.1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Vivek Ramesh Huilgol MD3715 PRYTANIA ST NEW ORLEANS LA 70115
- Dr. Chaithanya Mallikarjun MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. George Therapondos MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121