Dr. Swapna Muppuri MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease555 Palmer Rd Yonkers NY, 10701
Dr. Swapna Muppuri practices Pulmonology in Yonkers, NY. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Muppuri manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Gandi Medical College, University Of Health Sciences Medical
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine- 2012
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease- 2010
- Lung Problems
- MemberAmerican College of Chest Physicians (ACCP)
- Member American Thoracic Society (ATS)
- Member Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM)
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Swapna Muppuri MD's Practice location
Yonkers, NY 10701Get Direction
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78251Get Direction
Dr. Swapna Muppuri MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Muppuri
- How Astrophysics Could Transform the Treatment of Cystic Fibrosis and Other Rare Diseases
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease that mainly affects the lungs, liver, pancreas, intestines, reproductive organs, and sinuses. It causes thick and sticky mucus to accumulate and clog the lungs, making it difficult to breathe and resulting in persistent lung infections and lung damage. The...
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- 47-year-old with Cystic Fibrosis Refuses to Let It Stop Her
Sue Britton, a 47-year-old woman has cystic fibrosis. In her 20s, she became tired of being known and labeled as the ‘sick girl’, so she left her home to embark on a 7-month journey around the world. The fact that she had cystic fibrosis and needed medication on a daily basis did not stop her....
- How Long Does Acute Bronchitis Last? How to Treat and Prevent
Bronchial tubes, which are an important part of the respiratory system, perform an important function of exchanging air to and from the lungs. However, sometimes due to various triggers, these bronchial tubes can get inflamed causing a mucus build-up. The symptoms like coughing and dyspnea that are...
- Fat-Soluble Vitamins Could Help Fight Cystic Fibrosis
Doctors and medical professionals in recent years have prescribed numerous antibiotics to cystic fibrosis patients in order to counteract Burkholderia cenocepacia, bacteria that are known to cause lung infections in those with cystic fibrosis.It has become apparent in recent years that these...
- Young Mom Faces Cystic Fibrosis Diagnosis—Twice
At the age of 23, Shelby Woods faces every parent’s worst nightmare – a sick child. However, for Shelby, this nightmare is greater because both of her children, Sienna and Noah, were diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, an incurable genetic disease that had them going in and out of the...
- Dr. Stuart M Garay MD436 3rd Ave New York NY 10016
- Charles Oribabor244 5th Avenue New York New York 10001
- Dr. Medhat Ismail MD246 Hamburg Turnpike Wayne New Jersey 07470
- Dr. Alison S. Kole MD300 Madison Ave Madison NJ 07940
- Theo Trandafirescu Other21616 Union Turnpike Oakland Gardens New York 11364
- Dr. Joshua Fink MD41 S Bedford Rd Mount Kisco NY 10549