Dr. Douglas Brent Nielsen MD
Pediatrician390 N Main St Bountiful UT, 84010
Dr. Douglas Nielsen is a pediatrician practicing in Bountiful, UT. Dr. Nielsen is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Nielsen diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Nielsen can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1977
University of Utah School of Medicine 1977
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Ear Infection
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Strep Throat
- Member American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member Utah Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member Utah Medical Association
Dr. Douglas Brent Nielsen MD's Practice location
Bountiful, UT 84010Get Direction
Dr. Douglas Brent Nielsen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nielsen
- What to Do If a Child Has a Febrile Seizure?
Febrile SeizureA febrile seizure usually occurs when your child has a fever or high body temperature. It can also happen without brain inflammation or certain metabolic disorders. Even though febrile seizures occur with fever, you may not notice an increase in your child’s body temperature until...
- How Often Should a Newborn Poop?
First-time parents may wonder how often their newborn should poop and what a normal newborn poop would look like. A baby’s health can be best indicated by a baby’s bowel movement, but new parents may not know what to expect. For this reason, new parents become unsure and apprehensive during...
- Taming Your Child's Temper Tantrum
Temper TantrumsTemper tantrums have been defined by experts as an unplanned display of anger or emotions by children. Children will often whine, scream, or cry during a tantrum. They may hold their breath or widely swing their arms and legs. Children between the ages of one and four experience the...
- What Do Head Lice Eggs Look Like?
Lice lay their eggs called nits, which are placed on the hair shaft. Nits look more like dandruff but they cannot simply be shaken out of the hair like dandruff. To get rid of lice eggs, you have to follow certain steps and make sure that their eggs or nits are completely removed from the...
- How to Protect Children with Autism from Being Bullied
It is an unfortunate fact that children have a tendency to find weaknesses and differences in their peers and latch onto it, emotionally or physically hurting the other child in the process. When performed on purpose and repeatedly, this is bullying and is a serious problem. Bullying is violence,...
- Gastroenteritis in Children: Signs of Dehydration
Gastroenteritis is an intestinal infection that is caused by poorly prepared foods, contaminated water, etc. It can cause diarrhea, nausea, headache, and vomiting.What causes it?Gastro is caused by viruses. They include:• Rotavirus• AdenovirusHow is the gastroenteritis virus passed?Children can...
- Robert M. Ward Other100 N MEDICAL DR SALT LAKE CITY UT 84113
- Dr. Carmen Taveras M.D.1580 W Antelope Dr Layton UT 84041
- Dr. Bruce Montgomerie MD3725 W 4100 S WEST VALLEY CITY UT 84120
- Dr. Julia Kelsey Gunther M.D.100 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Melinda Sue Liddle M.D.100 Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Jason R Hoagland MD2121 N 1700 W Layton UT 84041