Dr. Karen D Stone M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry1112 E Ascension Complex Blvd Gonzales LA, 70737
Dr. Karen Stone is a psychiatrist practicing in Gonzales, LA. Dr. Stone is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Stone diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Stone may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Stone treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
La State Univ Sch of Med In Shreveport, Shreveport La 1995
Louisiana State University Health Shreveport / School of Medicine 1994
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Molecular evolution of Holarctic martens (genus Martes, Mammalia: Carnivora: Mustelidae).
- Post-glacial colonization of northwestern North America by the forest-associated American marten (Martes americana, Mammalia: Carnivora: Mustelidae).
- American marten (Martes americana) in the Pacific Northwest: population differentiation across a landscape fragmented in time and space.
- FURTHER PERSPECTIVES ON THE HAIDA GWAII GLACIAL REFUGIUM.
- Lsu Hlth Sci Ctr-Univ Hosp, Psychiatry
Dr. Karen D Stone M.D.'s Practice location
Gonzales, LA 70737Get Direction
Dr. Karen D Stone M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stone
- Understanding Depression in the LGBTQ Community
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, individuals who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer have a high prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders compared to their heterosexual counterparts. Studies have shown that the discrimination, prejudice, abuse, and...
- How Rumination Is Linked to Anxiety and Depression
What is rumination?According to various research studies, one of the important factors or causes of depression and anxiety is rumination.When people ruminate, they continually contemplate about certain problems or thoughts without end. Most of the time, individuals who are depressed have episodes of...
- The Effects of Sigmund Freud’s Theories to the Modern World
On May 6, 1856, Sigmund Freud was born in the Czech Republic, which was formerly known as Freiberg. Freud came up with the method of psychoanalysis, which is used by modern day psychoanalysts to understand unconscious conflicts after getting some revelation from what their patients desired and...
- What Causes ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a neurological/behavioral disorder that affects a person's ability to control one's behavior. The real cause of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is unknown, although numerous factors are thought to be responsible. GeneticsPeople...
- Is ADHD More Common Among Boys or Girls?
Why are boys diagnosed with ADHD more often?Despite both genders being at equal risk, boys tend to be diagnosed more often because the symptoms they display due to the illness are more obvious and easily spotted. Boys display externalized symptoms, such as running around a little too much or...
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- Dr. Gopinath Kongara M.D.5425 Brittany Drive Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808
- Zahid Imran5329 Dijon Drive Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808
- Dr. Philip Louis Cenac M.D.7850 ANSELMO LN BATON ROUGE LA 70810
- Duy Tran M.D.8585 PICARDY AVE BATON ROUGE LA 70809
- Dr. Stuart Samson M.D.7777 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge LA 70808
- Dr. Joseph Luke Palotta MD5211 Essen Lane Baton Rouge LA 70809