Dr. Thomas R Welch MD
Nephrologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Nephrology725 Irving Ave Suite 401 Syracuse NY, 13210
Dr. Thomas Welch is a pediatric nephrologist practicing in Syracuse, NY. Dr. Welch specializes in caring for children with chronic conditions such as hypertension, kidney disease, and chronic dialysis. Pediatric nephrologists have extensive knowledge on the dialysis and transplant processes, while simultaneously developing lasting relationships with the families of their young patients.
Education and Training
Mc Gill Univ- Fac Of Med- Montreal- Que- Canada 1973
McGill University Faculty of Medicine 1973
Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University 1973
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Nephrology
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- 1979
- Clinical quiz. Peritoneal pseudocyst.
- Complement in glomerulonephritis.
- Sudden unexpected death on challenge courses.
- Angiotensin II reduces calcium uptake into bone.
- Evidence-based medicine in the wilderness: the safety of backcountry water.
- The impact of chronic disease.
- C3 is central to the interstitial component of experimental immune complex glomerulonephritis.
- The changing approach to multicystic dysplastic kidney in children.
- Nonparathyroid hormone-mediated calcium resorption in a rat model of immune glomerulonephritis.
- Who provides physicians with advice over the internet? A study of a pediatric subspecialty discussion group.
- Mixed gonadal dysgenesis and Denys-Drash syndrome: urologists should screen for nephrotic syndrome.
- Massive gentamicin overdose in a 14-month-old.
- Immune complex glomerulonephritis following bone marrow transplantation in C3 deficient mice.
- Renal disease associated with inherited disorders of the complement system.
- Fat, muscle, bone, and television.
- Birth Defects
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Pediatrics
- University of Colorado Program A
- SUNY Upstate Medical Center, Pediatric Nephrology 1982
- University of Colorado Health Science Center, Pediatric Nephrology 1976
Dr. Thomas R Welch MD's Practice location
Syracuse, NY 13210Get Direction
Dr. Thomas R Welch MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Welch
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- HIV: Will My Child Get It If I’m Pregnant?
The initials 'HIV' stand for Human Immunodeficiency Virus. As the name suggest, it is a viral attack that completely weakens the defense systems of a human being leaving them open to invasion from bacteria and other disease causing micro-organisms.Once infected, the virus finds its way into the...
- Wilms Tumor Facts
Wilms TumorWilms tumor, also called as nephroblastoma, is a type of cancerous tumor in the kidneys. The name of the disease comes from a German doctor named Max Wilms, who wrote about it in 1899. Children ages 3-4 years old are more likely to develop Wilms tumor.Wilms tumor accounts for around 9 out...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: What You Need to Know
Nephrotic Syndrome in ChildrenNephrotic syndrome in children is not a disease, but rather a group of symptoms that usually indicate kidney damage (particularly glomeruli damage) and proteinuria (high levels of protein in the urine). When there is kidney damage, a protein called albumin, which is...
- Dr. Scott John Schurman MD725 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. James A Listman MD725 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Sriram S Narsipur MD90 Presidential Plz Syracuse NY 13202
- Dr. Dongmei Huang MD725 IRVING AVE SYRACUSE NY 13210
- Dr. Lawrence Raymond Shoemaker MD725 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Christian Hanna Other750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210