Dr. David P Antekeier M.D.
Orthopaedic Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery6701 Fannin St Cc. 670. 01 Houston TX, 77030
Dr. David Antekeier is a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Antekeier specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system in children. As a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Antekeier tends to childrens bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Pediatric orthopaedic surgeons can treat newborns to teenagers. Some conditions Dr. Antekeier treats include gait abnormalities like limping, limp and spine deformities, broken bones and bone and joint infections.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1998
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Childrens Hosp Med Ctr, Pediatrics Orthopedics; Univ Louisville Sch Of Med, Orthopedic Surgery; Univ Louisville Sch Of Med, General Surgery
Dr. David P Antekeier M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
COLUMBUS, GA 31909Get Direction
Dr. David P Antekeier M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Antekeier
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Reasons for Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of parts of your natural knee joint and replacing them with artificial parts known as prostheses. Knee replacement is a very common procedure used to repair your knee joint.Many conditions can make your doctor decide to...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Muscular Dystrophy in Children
Muscular Dystrophy or MD is a genetic disorder which stops the body from producing enough proteins to develop the muscles and keep them healthy. This fault in the genetic structure slowly weakens the body as the person ages. It is really heartbreaking to hear a parent say, “My child has muscular...
- Dr. Frank Travis Gerow M.D.6624 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Kevin Horowitz MD6701 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Scott D Mckay M.D.34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Shiraz Ahmad Younas M.D.6410 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Scott B Rosenfeld MD6701 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Allison Scott MD6977 Main St Houston TX 77030