Dr. Santhat Nivatvongs is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Nivatvongs specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Nivatvongs often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Faculty of Medicine At Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 1964
Chulalongkorn University Faculty of Medicine 1964
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Colon And Rectal Surgery; United Hosps Inc, General Surgery; Harper Hosp, General Surgery; Westland Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Santhat Nivatvongs M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Santhat Nivatvongs M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nivatvongs
- Colon Cancer
What is colon cancer?Colon cancer is cancer of the large intestine, also known as the colon. If the last segment of the colon, the rectum, has a cancerous growth, it is known as rectal carcinoma. These two conditions are collectively referred to as colorectal cancer.Carcinoma of the colon is the...
- What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?
What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer is an infection of the prostate which causes abnormal growth of cells on the prostate gland. Prostate cancer is known to inhabit the body of an individual for a long time before displaying any symptoms. During the first...
- What is a Virtual Colonoscopy?
Also referred to as a VC, a virtual colonoscopy is an x-ray test that detects polyps, cancer or other disorders in the colon. Colonography is the medical term for this test.How It's DoneThere is a difference between an ordinary colonoscopy and a virtual colonoscopy. The ordinary colonoscopy uses a...
- What Are the Treatments for Anal Fissure and Which Specialist Should I Consult?
Anal fissure is an impairment of the wall of the anus. It usually does not come with a lot of medical complications. Nonetheless, it should be treated with urgency, since it can make life very uncomfortable for you. Anal Fissure SymptomsAnal fissure comes with a number of symptoms. Since some of...
- What Is a Proctologist?
Proctology, also known as colorectal surgery, is a field in medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or disorders of the colon, rectum, and anus. The one who specializes in proctology is called a proctologist or a colorectal surgeon. What is a proctologist?A proctologist is...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Colonoscopy
Don’t be worried if the doctor suggests you undergo a colonoscopy. Although you might think of it as an awful procedure, it is not. Chances are you won't remember it, since you probably won't be awake. A colonoscopy is a test used by the doctor to examine the inside of the large intestines for...
- Dr. Yi-qian You MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Bruce G Wolff M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Eric J Dozois M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. David J Hochman M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Heidi K Chua MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Daniel I-hsin Chu M.D.725 Albany Street Boston MA 02118