Mr. Sushil Kumar Basra MD
Orthopedic Surgeon (Orthopedist) | Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine763 Larkfield Rd Second Floor Commack NY, 11725
Dr. Basra is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon concentrating his practice exclusively on spine care. He treats a full spectrum of degenerative and traumatic conditions of the cervical, thoracic and ...
Education and Training
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 2002
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Member North American Spine Society American Medical Association American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons S
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) Affiliated Hospitals
Mr. Sushil Kumar Basra MD's Practice location
Mr. Sushil Kumar Basra MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Basra
- Coping with Muscular Dystrophy
Discussing with a child that they have a muscle wasting disease is not easy. People who are diagnosed with muscular dystrophy have a mind that functions normally, but a body that does not. Being a parent of a child with MD revolves around acceptance. When you get past the initial fear and...
- What is Carpal Tunnel Release?
Carpal tunnel release surgery is a medical procedure that is used to relieve symptoms caused by carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Such symptoms include pain in the hand, tingling, and numbness. The procedure involves separating the ligaments in your hand to help relieve pressure on the nerve that...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What Is Total Knee Arthroplasty?
Total knee arthroplasty (TKA), also known as total knee replacement, is a surgical procedure in which parts of the knee joint are replaced with artificial parts or prostheses.A normal knee usually functions as the hinge joint located between the lower leg bones (tibia) and the upper leg bone...
- Analgesic Drugs for Fibromyalgia
The main symptoms of fibromyalgia usually include muscle pain, stiffness in the morning after waking up, and painful tender points in various parts of the body. Other symptoms would include anxiety, depression, headaches, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), painful menstrual cramps, tingling sensation...
- Spine Doctors vs. Chiropractors
Patients may often ask themselves which doctor they should see for their back pain. Studies have shown that chiropractors provide effective treatment for back pain. However, chiropractors cannot treat all causes of back pain because there are also conditions that should be diagnosed and treated by a...
- Dr. Alexandre B De moura MD761 Merrick Ave Westbury NY 11590
- Dr. Charles Ruotolo M.D.5500 MERRICK RD MASSAPEQUA NY 11758
- Dr. Firas Chamas MD PHD1600 Stewart Avenue Westbury NY 11590
- Dr. David Zaret MD1101 Stewart Avenue Garden City NY 11530
- Dr. Peter Lementowski MD2200 Northern Blvd. East Hills NY 11548
- Dr. Timothy G. Reish M.D.2200 Northern Blvd Greenvale New York 11548