Dr. Catherine Lee is an oncologist practicing in SALT LAKE CITY, UT. Dr. Lee specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Lee manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
- The tumor microenvironment: key to early detection.
- Conventional and proteomic technologies for the detection of early stage malignancies: markers for ovarian cancer.
- Spherical tissue sampling in 3-dimensional power Doppler angiography: a new approach for evaluation of ovarian tumors.
- Neurologic Manifestations of Blood Dyscrasias.
- Pharmacologic maintenance strategies following allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for acute myeloid leukemia.
Dr. Catherine Joy Lee MD's Practice location
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84112Get Direction
Dr. Catherine Joy Lee MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Chlamydia Doubled Ovarian Cancer Risk, Study Shows
Chlamydia trachomatis, commonly known as chlamydia, is a type of sexually transmitted infection (STI). In the United States, approximately 1.5 million cases of chlamydia are reported on an annual basis, making it the most commonly reported type of bacterial infection – according to the Centers for...
- New Explanation for How Ovarian Cancer Spreads
In their latest publication, a team of researchers with the University of California, Riverside and the University of Notre Dame have revealed a new explanation for how ovarian cancer spreads (or metastasizes). The researchers used electron microscopy and live imaging to study the cellular...
- Researches Discover Clues as to Why Exactly BRCA Mutations Can Cause Cancer
When the BRCA1 gene mutation was found by scientists supported by the National Cancer Institute to be hereditary predisposition to breast cancer, it was a major breakthrough; however, for many years, researchers have found themselves puzzled by the BRCA1 gene. Its ability to cause breast and ovarian...
- How Does Ovarian Cancer Spread?
Ovarian cancer often spreads early because it grows in the tissues that cover the ovaries and from there, it can easily spread to the bowels or abdominal lining. It can also affect other areas of the body, including the lungs or liver.A team of researchers from the University of California and the...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- This Compound in Foods Found to Limit Effectiveness of Ovarian Cancer Drug
Pitavastatin targets HMGCR in ovarian cancer, and it has shown to be capable of regressing Ovcar-4 tumor xenographs. However, recent studies have shown that if a diet includes geranylgeraniol, the effectiveness of pitavastatin may be limited or stopped.Treating ovarian cancerUnfortunately, it is...
- Dr. Sarah V Colonna MD1950 CIRCLE OF HOPE SALT LAKE CITY UT 84112
- Dr. Sumati Virendra Gupta MD1950 CIRCLE OF HOPE SALT LAKE CITY UT 84112
- Dr. John H. Ward MD2000 Circle Of Hope Dr Salt Lake City UT 84112
- Dr. Wallace Lovell Akerley MD2000 Circle Of Hope Dr Salt Lake City UT 84112
- Dr. John R. Weis MD2000 Circle Of Hope Dr Salt Lake City UT 84112
- Dr. Ignacio Garrido-laguna MD2000 Circle Of Hope Dr Rm 2144 Salt Lake City UT 84112