Dr. Irving Kushner is a rheumatologist practicing in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Kushner specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Kushner treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
Washington Univ Sch Of Med- St Louis Mo 1954
Washington Center / School of Medicine 1954
Washington University of Health and Sciences 1954
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
- Boston City Hosp, Internal Medicine; Yale New Haven Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Boston Medical Center
Dr. Irving Kushner MD's Practice location
Cleveland, OH 44109Get Direction
Dr. Irving Kushner MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Lena Dunham Opens Up About Fibromyalgia Diagnosis
Fibromyalgia involves widespread pain throughout the patient's entire body. For some, the pain might only be in specific areas, like the back and neck. Those with fibromyalgia also have extreme sensitivity, stiffness, and bone-wearing fatigue. ...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment: Hot or Cold?
Ever heard of Icy Hot? Temperature-based therapies have been around for ages. Heat pads and ice packs have long been used to relieve all sorts of aches and pains of the muscles and joints.Rheumatoid arthritis is no exception, but how are these treatments used best for joints specifically affected by...
- Alongside Lupus: Digital Companionship for Lupus Patients
Lupus has been discussed on television shows like House M.D, E.R, in movies like Gross Anatomy, and even in entertainment news with headlines reading Selena Gomez’ Lupus. But, not everyone knows exactly what lupus is. Despite the mentions of lupus in some television shows, movies and headlines,...
- The Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gum Disease
Many diseases interact with rheumatoid arthritis, causing concern for patients and their families. Common diseases that have high comorbidity rates with rheumatoid arthritis are other autoimmune disorders. Lupus is an example of a disorder that might be correlated. Other diseases frequently...
- What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
When the immune system attacks the joints, it will cause inflammation. As a result, the synovium (inside lining of the joint that lubricates and helps the joints to move smoothly) thickens. This will then lead to swelling and pain in and around the joints.If inflammation persists, it can damage the...
- Make Sure to Include These Foods in a Rheumatoid Arthritis Diet
Being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis can be both a relief and a terrifying moment in a person’s life. On the one hand, those who are diagnosed with the disease typically begin to experience early to moderate symptoms of the disease before a doctor reaches a diagnosis.The actual diagnosis can...
- Dr. Feyrouz T. al-Ashkar M. D.9500 EUCLID AVE CLEVELAND OH 44195
- Dr. Rochelle Rosian MD9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Abby M Abelson M.D.9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Douglas Flagg MD1611 S Green Rd # 65 Cleveland OH 44121
- Dr. Scott Burg DO6770 Mayfield Rd Cleveland OH 44124
- Dr. Joanne Michelle Kahlenberg M.D., PH.D11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106