Dr. Brett Schlifka practices Neurological Surgery in Tacoma, WA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Schlifka prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences - College of Osteopathic Medicine 1997
Kansas City University Of Med and Biosciences
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS- 2007
- DO Member American Osteopathic Association
- Member American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- Member American Osteopathic Association
- Member Society of Military Surgeons
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine Affiliated Hospitals 2005
Dr. Brett Alan Schlifka D.O.'s Practice location
Tacoma, WA 98431Get Direction
WELLINGTON, FL 33449Get Direction
Tacoma, WA 98431Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Brett Alan Schlifka D.O. | Neurosurgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Brett Alan Schlifka D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schlifka
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s Disease: It Isn't EasyTony led a normal life just like many of us. He was approaching his fifth to sixth decade, and he was the head of an engineering department--capable of making decisions and recalling those decisions. But suddenly, communication with his wife and children was...
- Dr. Yoshihiro Yamamoto M.D.615 Lilly Rd Ne Olympia WA 98506
- Dr. William J Morris MD315 Martin Luther King Jr Way Tacoma WA 98405
- Dr. Brian A Iuliano MD615 Lilly Rd Ne Olympia WA 98506
- Dr. Christopher J Smythies MD315 MARTIN LUTHER KING JR WAY TACOMA WA 98405
- Dr. Nathan Kinneer Friedline MD9040 JACKSON AVE TACOMA WA 98433
- Dr. Dennis James Geyer MDMadigan Army Medical Ctr Tacoma WA 98431