Dr. Mitchell L Shiffman MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology12720 Mcmanus Blvd Suite 313 Newport News VA, 23602
Dr. Mitchell Shiffman is a gastroenterologist practicing in Newport News, VA. Dr. Shiffman specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Shiffman performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll of Med, Syracuse Ny 1983
State University of New York Upstate Medical University 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Use of high-dose interferon in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C.
- Chronic hepatitis C infection in patients with end stage renal disease: characterization of liver histology and viral load in patients awaiting renal transplantation.
- Alpha interferon combined with ribavirin potentiates proliferative suppression but not cytokine production in mitogenically stimulated human lymphocytes.
- Pegylated interferons: what role will they play in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C?
- Benign recurrent intrahepatic cholestasis.
- Development of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease after orthotopic liver transplantation for cryptogenic cirrhosis.
- Management of interferon therapy nonresponders.
- Adenosine rinse in human orthotopic liver transplantation: results of a randomized, double-blind trial.
- Retreatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C.
- The clinical spectrum of hepatitis C virus in HIV coinfection.
- Adefovir dipivoxil for the treatment of hepatitis B e antigen-positive chronic hepatitis B.
- In vivo studies of biliary ceftriaxone excretion and solubility in guinea pig hepatic bile.
- Living donor liver transplantation in patients with chronic hepatitis C: timing is everything.
- Natural history and risk factors for progression of hepatitis C virus disease and development of hepatocellular cancer before liver transplantation.
- Polymorphisms in cytokines and growth factor genes and their association with acute rejection and recurrence of hepatitis C virus disease in liver transplantation.
- Study to Assess Safety and Efficacy of GKT137831 in Patients With Primary Biliary Cholangitis Receiving Ursodeoxycholic Acid.
- A 5-year Longitudinal Observational Study of Patients With Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- Volixibat (SHP626) in the Treatment of Adults With Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Randomized Global Phase 3 Study to Evaluate the Impact on NASH With Fibrosis of Obeticholic Acid Treatment
- A Pilot Study to Treat Patients With Chronic Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Genotype 1 and End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics and Efficacy of LMB763 in Patients With NASH
- Liver Cancer
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Vascular Disease
- Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Gastroenterology; Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health System Program
Dr. Mitchell L Shiffman MD's Practice location
Newport News, VA 23602Get Direction
Dr. Mitchell L Shiffman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shiffman
- Childhood Crohn’s Diagnosis Linked with Cancer Risk, Study Finds
Inflammatory bowel disease most often affects young adults. However, children can also be diagnosed too. When inflammatory bowel disease affects a child, it causes painful gastrointestinal symptoms that are especially difficult for kids to bear.It's hard for kids to understand what's happening to...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Celiac Disease and Type I Diabetes Patients at a Higher Risk for Fractures
From time to time, patients may develop what is known as a comorbidity, which is essentially a word used to describe a situation wherein the subject is simultaneously diagnosed with two diseases or conditions. This can occur for a multitude of reasons, one being that the first condition may very...
- How Antibody Tests Can Detect Celiac Disease in Children
Although celiac disease seems to be genetic, it is not always expressed clinically. Studies who have looked at its genetic predisposition have determined a certain prevalence of the disease in asymptomatic relatives of the patient's first degree and monocyte twins. However, until now the form of...
- Crohn’s Disease: What You Should Eat
Living with Crohn's disease is difficult, and managing your diet can be even more difficult. Managing a proper diet is vital to manage your Chron's symptoms and prevent any other complications from arising.A Crohn’s-friendly diet is not a cure for Chron's disease; it is only meant to help manage...
- Dr. Joseph Oliver Converse MD457 Mclaws Circle Williamsburg VA 23185
- Dr. Pramod Malik M.D.2790 Godwin Blvd Suffolk VA 23434
- Dr. Mark Andrew Titus MD101 Philip Roth St Newport News VA 23606
- Dr. John Robert Stephens MD101 Philip Roth St Newport News VA 23606
- Dr. Jonathan David Eisner MD501 Medical Dr Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Robin Lynn Corbett MD501 Medical Dr Hampton VA 23666