Dr. Timothy M Crombleholme MD
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery3333 Burnet Ave Ml 5021 Cincinnati OH, 45229
Dr. Timothy Crombleholme practices Pediatric Surgery in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Crombleholme treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Crombleholmediagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1984
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- 1992
- Recombinant adenoviral mediated gene transfer in ischemic impaired wound healing.
- Adenoviral-mediated overexpression of platelet-derived growth factor-B corrects ischemic impaired wound healing.
- Human melanoma progression in skin reconstructs : biological significance of bFGF.
- Troubles with twins: fetoscopic therapy.
- Management of fetal airway obstruction.
- Adenoviral-mediated gene transfer in wound healing: acute inflammatory response in human skin in the SCID mouse model.
- Superior mesenteric venous thrombosis in malrotation with chronic volvulus.
- Diminished interleukin 6 (IL-6) production during scarless human fetal wound repair.
- Fetal wound repair results in scar formation in interleukin-10-deficient mice in a syngeneic murine model of scarless fetal wound repair.
- FGF2-Targeted adenovirus encoding platelet-derived growth factor-B enhances de novo tissue formation.
- Anesthesia for fetoscopic fetal surgery: twin reverse arterial perfusion sequence and twin-twin transfusions syndrome.
- Adenoviral-mediated gene transfer in wound healing.
- Matrix immobilization enhances the tissue repair activity of growth factor gene
- Synthetic hybrid grafts for craniofacial reconstruction: sustained gene delivery using a calcium phosphate bone mineral substitute.
- Alpha5 and alpha2 integrin gene transfers mimic the PDGF-B-induced transformed phenotype of fibroblasts in human skin.
- The EXIT procedure: experience and outcome in 31 cases.
- Adenovirus-mediated ex vivo gene transfer of human vascular endothelial growth factor in a rabbit laryngotracheal reconstruction model.
- Adeno-associated virus (AAV)-mediated gene transfer in respiratory epithelium and submucosal gland cells in human fetal tracheal organ culture.
- Influence of congenital heart disease on survival in children with congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- Management of congenital lung lesions.
- Prenatal diagnosis and treatment of intersex states.
- Fetoscopic surgery.
- Human fetal trachea-SCID mouse xenografts: efficacy of vesicular stomatitis virus-G pseudotyped lentiviral-mediated gene transfer.
- In utero limb salvage: fetoscopic release of amniotic bands for threatened limb amputation.
- The treatment of twin-twin transfusion syndrome.
- Effect of erythropoietic stress on donor hematopoietic cell expression in chimeric rhesus monkeys transplanted in utero.
- Regenerative versus reparative healing in tendon: a study of biomechanical and histological properties in fetal sheep.
- Gene transfer to the tracheobronchial tree: implications for fetal gene therapy for cystic fibrosis.
- Prenatal MR findings of the middle interhemispheric variant of holoprosencephaly.
- Successful management of concommitant blunt injury to the trachea, esophagus, and cervical spine in a 6-year-old girl.
- Adenoviral mediated gene transfer of PDGF-B enhances wound healing in type I and type II diabetic wounds.
- Mesenchymal hamartoma of the chest wall.
- Twin-twin transfusion syndrome: where do we go from here?
- The EXIT procedure: principles, pitfalls, and progress.
- Transplantation of fetal cells.
- Regenerative properties of fetal sheep tendon are not adversely affected by transplantation into an adult environment.
- Twin-twin transfusion syndrome: cerebral ischemia is not the only fetal MR imaging finding.
- Hyaluronic acid-dependent pericellular matrices in fetal fibroblasts: implication for scar-free wound repair.
- Role of VEGF in small bowel adaptation after resection: the adaptive response is angiogenesis dependent.
- Intrafetal radiofrequency ablation for twin reversed arterial perfusion (TRAP): a single-center experience.
- Cardiomyocyte GATA4 functions as a stress-responsive regulator of angiogenesis in the murine heart.
- Permissive environment in postnatal wounds induced by adenoviral-mediated overexpression of the anti-inflammatory cytokine interleukin-10 prevents scar formation.
- Congenital cystic lung disease: contemporary antenatal and postnatal management.
- High-risk fetal congenital pulmonary airway malformations have a variable response to steroids.
- Ex utero intrapartum treatment procedure: a peripartum management strategy in particularly challenging cases.
- An embolic complication in a donor twin with severe twin-twin transfusion syndrome after fetoscopic intervention.
- Prenatal MRI findings of fetuses with congenital high airway obstruction sequence.
- Phase I study of H5.020CMV.PDGF-beta to treat venous leg ulcer disease.
- Placental gene transfer: transgene screening in mice for trophic effects on the
- In utero transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells in sheep: the role of T cells in engraftment and graft-versus-host disease.
- Severe micrognathia: indications for EXIT-to-Airway.
- Congenital high airway obstruction syndrome due to complete tracheal agenesis: an accident of nature with clues for tracheal development and lessons in management.
- TdTomato and EGFP identification in histological sections: insight and alternatives.
- Characterization of endothelial progenitor cells mobilization following cutaneous
- Molecular engineering and validation of an oncolytic herpes simplex virus type 1 transcriptionally targeted to midkine-positive tumors.
- Supplementing desflurane with intravenous anesthesia reduces fetal cardiac dysfunction during open fetal surgery.
- Fetal surgical management of congenital heart block in a hydropic fetus: lessons learned from a clinical experience.
- The relationship between amniotic fluid levels of brain-type natriuretic peptide and recipient cardiomyopathy in twin-twin transfusion syndrome.
- Improved recipient survival with maternal nifedipine in twin-twin transfusion syndrome complicated by TTTS cardiomyopathy undergoing selective fetoscopic laser photocoagulation.
- Submucosal gland development in the human fetal trachea xenograft model: implications for fetal gene therapy.
- Fetal MRI clues to diagnose cloacal malformations.
- Placental fetal thrombotic vasculopathy in severe congenital anomalies prompting EXIT procedure.
- Late gestation fetal magnetic resonance imaging-derived total lung volume predicts postnatal survival and need for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support in isolated congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- Prenatal and postnatal urologic complications of sacrococcygeal teratomas.
- Regulation of endothelial cell activation and angiogenesis by injectable peptide nanofibers.
- Prevalence and progression of recipient-twin cardiomyopathy in early-stage twin-twin transfusion syndrome.
- Tissue-engineered provisional matrix as a novel approach to enhance diabetic
- The congenital diaphragmatic hernia composite prognostic index correlates with survival in left-sided congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- Persistent cloaca: a 10-year review of prenatal diagnosis.
- Compensatory lung growth in NOS3 knockout mice suggests synthase isoform redundancy.
- Pseudotyped adeno-associated viral vector tropism and transduction efficiencies in murine wound healing.
- Pseudotyped AAV vector-mediated gene transfer in a human fetal trachea xenograft
- Studies in fetal wound healing, VI. Second and early third trimester fetal wounds demonstrate rapid collagen deposition without scar formation.
- Perinatal management of infant tumors and the promise of fetal surgery.
- Studies in fetal wound healing, VII. Fetal wound healing may be modulated by hyaluronic acid stimulating activity in amniotic fluid.
- The North American Fetal Therapy Network Registry data on outcomes of radiofrequency ablation for twin-reversed arterial perfusion sequence.
- Role of salivary vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in palatal mucosal wound healing.
- Recapitulation of characteristics of human placental vascular insufficiency in a novel mouse model.
- Ex utero intrapartum treatment to resection of a bronchogenic cyst causing airway compression.
- The Role of Mesenchymal Stem Cells in the Regenerative Wound Healing Phenotype.
- Role of adjunctive medical therapy in the fetoscopic surgical treatment of twin-twin transfusion syndrome.
- The Role of Stem Cells in Wound Angiogenesis.
- Nanofiber Microenvironment Effectively Restores Angiogenic Potential of Diabetic Endothelial Cells.
- Fetal MRI of Torsed Bronchopulmonary Sequestration with Tension Hydrothorax and Hydrops in a Twin Gestation.
- Intraplacental gene therapy with Ad-IGF-1 corrects naturally occurring rabbit model of intrauterine growth restriction.
- In-utero transplantation of fetal liver haemopoietic stem cells in monkeys.
- Pyloric stenosis--postoperative care on a nonsurgical ward.
- Factors associated with age at pyeloplasty in children with ureteropelvic junction obstruction.
- Prominent coronary artery flow with normal coronary artery anatomy is a rare but ominous harbinger of poor outcome in the fetus.
- Comparison of congenital pulmonary airway malformation volume ratios calculated by ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging.
- Airway compromise in the fetus and neonate: Prenatal assessment and perinatal management.
- Ultrasound versus MRI: is there a difference in measurements of the fetal lateral ventricles?
- Use of an Amnioport to Maintain Amniotic Fluid Volume in Fetuses with Oligohydramnios Secondary to Lower Urinary Tract Obstruction or Fetal Renal Anomalies.
- Appendicovesicostomy: a new technique for bladder diversion during reconstruction of cloacal exstrophy.
- A comparison of sexing methods in fetal mice.
- Effects of Maternal Valium Administration on Fetal MRI Motion Artifact: A Comparison Study at High Altitude.
- Fetal origins of adult cardiac disease: a novel approach to prevent fetal growth restriction induced cardiac dysfunction using insulin like growth factor.
- Twin pregnancy complicated by esophageal atresia, duodenal atresia, gastric perforation, and hypoplastic left heart structures in one twin: a case report and review of the literature.
- Ex utero Intrapartum Treatment to Ventricular Pacing: A Novel Delivery Strategy
- Case report of myometrial window following fetoscopic treatment of twin-twin
- Modified Hysterotomy Closure Technique for Open Fetal Surgery.
- Impact of Objective Echocardiographic Criteria for Timing of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Repair.
- Early prenatal diagnosis of bronchopulmonary sequestration with associated diaphragmatic hernia.
- Bronchopulmonary sequestration: prenatal diagnosis with clinicopathologic correlation.
- Prenatal diagnosis and management of the fetus with hydronephrosis.
- Prenatal diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal anomalies.
- Prenatal diagnosis and management of fetal thoracic lesions.
- Prenatal diagnosis and management of fetal tumors.
- In utero hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and gene therapy.
- Invasive fetal therapy: current status and future directions.
- Diagnosis and management of fetal neuroblastoma.
- Simplified "push" technique for percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in children.
- Modification of the "push" technique for percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in infants and children.
- Recurrence of immune thrombocytopenic purpura after splenectomy.
- Transanastomotic feeding tubes in repair of esophageal atresia.
- Fetoscopic cord ligation to prevent neurological injury in monozygous twins.
- Desmoplastic small cell tumor: a report of three cases and a review of the literature.
- The vanishing fetal ureterocele: a cause for concern?
- Decompression of fetal axillary lymphangioma to prevent dystocia.
- Early prenatal diagnosis of choledochal cyst.
- A rapidly growing fetal teratoma.
- Left-sided congenital diaphragmatic hernia: value of prenatal MR imaging in preparation for fetal surgery.
- Differential collagen I gene expression in fetal fibroblasts.
- Pitfalls of the 'double bubble' sign: a case of congenital duodenal duplication.
- Anomalies and malformations affecting the fetal/neonatal chest.
- George L. Howland Prize 1984 Tufts University School of Medicine
- Martin J. Loeb Prize 1984 Tufts University School of Medicine
- 1988 A. P. Giannini Foundation, Research Award
- 1988 University of California, San Francisco, J Engelbert Dunphy Research C
- Young Investigator Award, Surgical Section 1989 American Academy of Pediatrics
- 2009 Wound Healing Society, Anita Roberts Award
- 2001-2011 Castle Connolly, Best Doctors in America
- 2011 Best Doctors in America Awarding Body: Castle Connolly Date: 2011
- Surgical Section Awarding Body: American Academy of Pediatrics Date 1989 Young Investigator Award
- J Engelbert Dunphy Research Competition Prize Awarding Body: 1988 University of California, San Francisco Date
- 1984 George L. Howland Prize Awarding Body: Tufts University School of Me
- Board MemberAlpha Omega Alpha
- Board Member Massachusetts Medical Society
- Board Member American Medical Association
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Board Member International Fetal Medicine and Surgery Society
- Board Member Howard C. Naffziger Surgical Society
- Board Member Floating Hospital Alumni Association
- Board Member Pediatric Surgery Biology Club
- Board Member Association for Academic Surgery
- Board Member American Pediatric Surgical Association
- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics, Surgical Section
- Board Member American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Board Member American Society of Gene Therapy
- Member The Wound Healing Society - Board and Committee
- Board Member American Diabetes Association
- Board Member Society of University Surgeons
- President International Fetal Medicine and Surgery Society - President
- Board Member Alpha Omega Alpha
- President International Fetal Medicine and Surgery Society - President
- New England Med Ctr Hosps, Pediatric Surgery-Surgery; Univ Ca Sf Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University of California, San Francisco 1991
- Tufts Medical Center 1993
- Floating Hospital for Children
Dr. Timothy M Crombleholme MD's Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45229Get Direction
Aurora, CO 80045Get Direction
Aurora, CO 80045Get Direction
Dr. Timothy M Crombleholme MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Crombleholme
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Dr. Jason Seth Frischer MD3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Jaimie D Nathan M.D.3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Richard George Azizkhan MD3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Mubeen Jafri MD501 N Graham St Portland OR 97227
- Dr. Andrea Bischoff MD3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Aimen F Shaaban MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242