Dr. John R Garrett M.D.
Cardiothoracic Surgeon1701 N George Mason Dr Suite 288 Arlington VA, 22205
Dr. John Garrett is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Arlington, VA. Dr. Garrett specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Garrett typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1979
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Neural regulation of submandibular gland blood flow in the streptozotocin-diabetic rat: evidence for impaired endothelium-dependent vasodilatation.
- Secretion of IgA by rat parotid and submandibular cells in response to autonomimetic stimulation in vitro.
- Microenvironmental adaptations in the parotid of ferret investigated by electron microscopy.
- Innervation and secretory function of transplanted human submandibular salivary glands.
- Microliths in the parotid of ferret investigated by electron microscopy and microanalysis.
- Heart Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- University of Alabama Hospital Program
Dr. John R Garrett M.D.'s Practice location
Arlington, VA 22205Get Direction
Falls Church, VA 22042Get Direction
ARLINGTON, VA 22205Get Direction
Dr. John R Garrett M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Garrett
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...