Dr. David R Mauerhan MD
Orthopedic Surgeon (Orthopedist) | Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC, 28203
Dr. David Mauerhan is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Mauerhan specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Mauerhan tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Univ of Cincinnati Coll of Med, Cincinnati Oh 1978
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- The SF-36 general health status survey documents the burden of osteoarthritis and
- Fracture of the polyethylene tibial post in a posterior cruciate-substituting total knee arthroplasty mimicking patellar clunk syndrome: a report of 5 cases.
- Cementless titanium tapered-wedge femoral stem: 10- to 15-year follow-up.
- Outcomes research in total joint replacement: a critical review and commentary.
- Pay-for-performance in orthopedics: implications for clinical practice.
- Meniscal calcification, pathogenesis and implications.
- Arthritis. Treatment & management.
- Tips of the trade #9. An easy technique for obtaining cancellous bone graft from
- Patient-Directed Valgus Stress Radiograph of the Knee: A New and Novel Technique.
- Eight Hundred Twenty-Five Medial Mobile-Bearing Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplaties: The First 10-Year US Multi-Center Survival Analysis.
- Collection of surgical specimens in total joint arthroplasty. Is routine pathology cost effective?
- SF-36 general health status survey to determine patient satisfaction at short-term follow-up after total hip and knee arthroplasty.
- Moffitt Hosp Univ Of Ca, Orthopedic Surgery; Univ Of Nc Hosps, General Surgery
- University Calif 1979
Dr. David R Mauerhan MD's Practice location
Charlotte, NC 28203Get Direction
Dr. David R Mauerhan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mauerhan
- What Is Cervical Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Cervical spinal stenosis surgery is a surgical treatment used to solve problems of spinal stenosis in the cervical part of the spine. Before even talking about this surgical procedure it is very important to understand what cervical spinal stenosis is first.Cervical spinal stenosis is characterized...
- 7 Things that Should be Known About Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy (MD) is a genetic disorder characterized by progressive muscle weakness and degeneration. MD is a progressive disorder which means that it worsens over time. It affects skeletal muscles that are responsible for controlling body movement and eventually affects other organs. There...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- What Specialists Treat Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is sometimes described as "bone thinning". It’s a disease wherein the bone’s density and quality are severely reduced. As an individual’s bones become more permeable and fragile, the susceptibility to fracture is immensely increased. Bone loss occurs silently and progressively....
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- How Long Does a Knee Replacement Last?
A knee replacement surgery provides relief for approximately 90 percent of people who are suffering from pain due to knee problems. Most knee replacement procedures are done for the treatment of osteoarthritis. With proper care, your knee implant can last for as long as 20 years. The technology...
- Dr. Shadley Schiffern MD1915 Randolph Road Charlotte North Carolina 28207
- Dr. John Kent Ellington MD, MS2001 Vail Ave Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Matthew A Gullickson MD710 Park Center Dr Matthews NC 28105
- Dr. Robert Sproul MD2001 VAIL AVE CHARLOTTE NC 28207
- Dr. Parag Madhav Phadke MD2391 Court Dr Gastonia NC 28054
- Dr. Michael David Paloski D.O.1915 RANDOLPH RD CHARLOTTE NC 28207