Dr. Erik Peltz is a general surgeon practicing in Aurora, CO. Dr. Peltz specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Peltz provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences - College of Osteopathic Medicine 2003
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Bachelor of Science, Biology - Cum Laude 1997 Colorado State University
- Kansas City 2003 University of Medicine and Biosciences, D.O. - Magna Cum Laude
- 2004 University of Colorado SOM, Surgical Intern of the Year
- 2009 ACS Committee on Trauma Resident Paper Competition, Region 8 Winner
- Intensive Care, Surgical Procedures
- Heart Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Member American College of Surgeons (ACS) -
- University of Colorado Denver Affiliated Hospitals 2011
- University of Colorado 2012
- University of Colorado 2012
Dr. Erik Peltz DO's Practice location
Aurora, CO 80045Get Direction
KALISPELL, MT 59901Get Direction
Dr. Erik Peltz DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Peltz
- What Are the Risks of Gallbladder Surgery?
Your gallbladder has a very big role in the body during digestion. It is the organ that collects a fluid known as bile, which helps you to digest food. If your gallbladder develops complications, you may need to have it removed. You may also have it removed if you develop gallstones. Gallstones are...
- What Are the Risks of a Laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that is done to examine various abdominal organs or female pelvic organs. The procedure is sometimes called as "diagnostic laparoscopy" or "keyhole surgery". This procedure can identify problems such as adhesion, fibroids, infections, and cysts.The procedure...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy involves the inspection of the abdominal organs or the female pelvic organs through the use of a thin, lighted tube that is inserted through an incision made in the belly. It is used to locate complications such as adhesions, cysts, infections, and fibroids. The tube used in the...
- What Happens During a Laminectomy?
What is a laminectomy?You may experience back pain that affects your day-to-day activities. Your doctor may recommend that you undergo a surgical procedure called laminectomy.Laminectomy is a surgical operation, in which the lamina is removed. This helps relieve pressure that is exerted on the nerve...
- 5 Tips to Avoid Hernia
Causes of HerniaOther than umbilical hernia, all other types of hernia occur at a later stage in life. Hernia is usually caused due to weak abdominal walls. Part of the organs tends to protrude through the weakened spot of the abdominal wall. There are various reasons due to which the abdominal...
- Dr. Anthony J. Canfield M.D.1601 East 19th Avenue Denver Colorado 80218
- Jacquelyn Glenn14100 E Arapahoe Rd, Suite 260 Centennial CO 80112
- Traci A. Kimball4950 South Yosemite Street Greenwood Village Colorado 80111
- Dr. Gregory Stiegmann MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Donald J. Conner MD3333 S BANNOCK ST ENGLEWOOD CO 80110
- Dr. Craig Hornbarger M.D.15330 East Broncos Parkway Englewood CO 80112