Dr. Stephen Gunther is a cardiologist practicing in Southfield, MI. Dr. Gunther specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Gunther also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Columbia Univ Coll of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 1971
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons 1971
Cagayan State University College of Medicine and Surgery 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Internal Medicine
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital 1973
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital 1976
- Columbia University Medical Center 1973
- Columbia University Medical Center 1976
- Brigham & Women's Hospital Program
Stephen Jerome Gunther MD's Practice location
Southfield, MI 48034Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Stephen Jerome Gunther MD | Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Stephen Jerome Gunther MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gunther
- The Diabetic's Connection to Heart Disease
Many already know that diabetes has a deep connection with heart disease, but a lot aren't sure about why or how. However, according to several studies, high blood glucose levels are a key contributor to this connection. High levels of blood glucose, or sugar, will often result in damage to the...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- Can Low Blood Pressure be Serious?
Blood pressure lower than 90/60 mm of Hg is referred to as low blood pressure, or hypotension. The first number is the measure of pressure in the arteries when the heart beats and fills blood in them. The second number is the pressure in the arteries when the heart is at rest between two beats. In...
- Lupus: What is it?
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune condition that causes damage to all parts of the body including the skin, joints, and internal organs....
- Understanding the Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Heart Conditions
Researchers have found that obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is linked to cardiometabolic dysfunction. The study, seen in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, attempts to provide an explanation as to why sleep apnea patients often have problems associated with their heart. Up until...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Mark Rasak DO28080 GRAND RIVER AVE FARMINGTON HILLS MI 48336
- Scott R. Searing28080 Grand River Ave Farmington Hills Michigan 48336
- Mahir Elder MD4160 John R. Street Detroit Michigan 48201
- Peter Mancini M.D.2881 MONROE ST DEARBORN MI 48124
- Haroon A. Faraz M.D1608 S Hill Cir Bloomfield Hills MI 48304
- Joan Crawford DO24211 Little Mack Ave Saint Clair Shores MI 48080