Dr. Phillip Cox practices Pulmonology in Charleston, WV. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Cox manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Dr. Phillip Cox D.O.'s Practice location
Charleston, WV 25304Get Direction
SOUTH CHARLESTON, WV 25309Get Direction
Dr. Phillip Cox D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Laryngitis: What Is Croup?
What is laryngitis?Laryngitis is the swelling of your voice box. It is often caused by an infection, mostly by a virus. The voice box is also known as the larynx. It links the back of your throat to the windpipe. The vocal cord and larynx are part and parcel and are required for speech. Laryngitis...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- What Is Nicotine?
IntroductionNicotine is an alkaloid stimulant that comes from the nightshade family of plants, particularly from the leaves of tobacco. The type of nicotine found in tobacco plants is called Nicotiana tabacum. Nicotine can also be synthetically produced. Thousands of chemicals are contained in...
- Does Cystic Fibrosis Run in the Family?
Cystic fibrosis is a disease affecting many people throughout the United States and the world. Yet, there is so much information out there that it is sometimes difficult to ascertain the most important facts. With this disease, you may have many lingering questions. How does someone get cystic...
- Cystic Fibrosis Stories: Stronger Because of their Scars
Scars are a fact of life for those suffering from Cystic Fibrosis (CF). From ports to transplants and pacemakers, most people with CF have at least one scar. Not to mention, the dark circles under their eyes from exhaustion and fatigue. Living with CF is tough; it can be draining both mentally and...
- Dr. Mallinath Kayi M.D.333 Laidley St. Charleston WV 25301
- Mrs. Shahana Masood M.D3100 MacCorkle Ave Charleston WV 25304
- Dr. Robby L Keith M.D.4619 KANAWHA AVENUE, SE SOUTH CHARLESTON WV 25309
- Dr. Kurt M Nellhaus M.D.1738 Loudon Heights Rd Charleston WV 25314
- Dr. Hatim S Al-jaroushi M.D3100 MACCORKLE AVE SE STE 205 CHARLESTON WV 25304
- Dr. Ashish Koirala M.D3100 MACCORKLE AVE SE STE 205 CHARLESTON WV 25304