Dr. Ellen Berne is an internist practicing in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Berne specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Berne provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1986
University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus 1986
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1986
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Allegheny Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Montefiore U Hosp
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
Dr. Ellen S Berne MD's Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15224Get Direction
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Get Direction
Dr. Ellen S Berne MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Berne
- Mono vs. Strep Throat Symptoms
OverviewA sore throat is often caused by the common cold, which can be a mild condition that resolves on its own without the need for medical treatment. However, there are also other causes of sore throats, such as strep throat and infectious mononucleosis or mono, which is caused by...
- What is Listeriosis?
Listeriosis is a foodborne disease caused by the infection of the bacteria Listeria monocytogenes. This infection may cause severe symptoms in pregnant women and people who have a weak immune system. It may also affect newborns and the elderly. The symptoms are generally not very serious in the case...
- 5 Tips On Living with HIV
HIV, which stands for human immunodeficiency virus, is an infection that attacks the human being's defense system. When the infection gets into the body, it slowly destroys the immune system, leaving the body weak to various infections. As the virus continues to stay in the body, it develops from...
- The Best Diet for Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are caused by an increase of pressure in the anal and rectal veins. This pressure can be caused by standing or sitting for too long, poor posture, anal intercourse, and many other things. However, the most common root causes of hemorrhoids are dietary and lifestyle choices. This means...
- Do Irregular Periods Cause Infertility: How to Get Pregnant
Any woman can feel a great deal of anxiety when experiencing irregular periods. However, several women have been affected by it and have become a common problem of women these days. If a woman misses her period, it can be a sign of pregnancy, but having irregular periods may also indicate some...
- What Are the Symptoms of Chickenpox?
Chickenpox is an infectious disease caused by varicella zoster virus. It is very common among children but may affect adults also. Infection by this virus causes red blisters in different parts of the body. This skin condition has become less common with the advent of chickenpox vaccination. The...
- Chris M. Allen580 S. Aiken Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15232
- Dr. Katie McClelland D.O.3104 Unionville Road Cranberry Twp Pennsylvania 16066
- Dr. Helen Hyde Dorra MD7180 Highland Dr Pittsburgh PA 15206
- Dr. Kay Lovig M.D.3459 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Janet Sv Godfrey MD20130 Perry Highway Cranberry Twp PA 16066
- Dr. Harry J Heck M.D.526 Perry Hwy Pittsburgh PA 15229