Dr. Jose Mejia is a general surgeon practicing in Palm Bay, FL. Dr. Mejia specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Mejia provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Central University of The Caribbean / School of Medicine 1992
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Mcp Hahnemann Univ, Surgery Critical Care-Surgery; Allegheny Univ Hosps, General Surgery; Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
Dr. Jose G Mejia MD's Practice location
Palm Bay, FL 32907Get Direction
MEMPHIS, TN 38120Get Direction
Dr. Jose G Mejia MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mejia
- How to Prepare for a Colonoscopy
A colonoscopy is an examination that lets your health practitioner view the lining of your colon (large intestine). A thin and flexible tube known as a colonoscopy is used to thoroughly view the colon. A Colonoscopy is also applied when screening for precancerous or cancer growths inside the colon....
- What is a Neck Lift?
The neck often ages at a more rapid rate, compared to the face. Moreover, the neck is a very delicate area, and if you put on any extra pounds, fat tends to store there. Although you may have put in the effort to lose any extra weight you may have gained, the neck is the last part of the body that...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Reasons Why You Need a Tonsillectomy
A tonsillectomy is a surgical procedure performed to get rid of one's tonsils. The same procedure can be used to remove the adenoids. For adults, the administration of a local anesthesia to numb the throat is enough. However, children may have to be given general anesthesia, which makes them...
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?
Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?Cancer is caused by a change in your genetic sequence. Genes are responsible for designing your body. Any alteration at that level will alter your body patterns.Cancer is an uncontrolled production of abnormal cells. Usually new cells are formed when your body needs...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Hysterectomy
Within the pelvic cavity, two ovaries connect via the fallopian tubes to the centrally positioned uterus, creating the female reproductive system. These organs produce female growth hormones, release ova (eggs), control the menstrual cycle, and oversee pregnancy, gestation, and the birth of a baby....
- Dr. Diego Velarde MD3165 Suntree Blvd Melbourne FL 32955
- Dr. Mark Edmund Pessa M.D.1350 S Hickory St Melbourne FL 32901
- Dr. Yvonne Denise Zabala D.O.1350 S Hickory St Melbourne FL 32901
- Dr. James Anthony Cunningham M.D.2900 Veterans Way Melbourne FL 32940
- Dr. Emran Riaz Imami M.D.111 E Hibiscus Blvd Melbourne FL 32901
- Dr. Bartel F Turk MD1350 S Hickory St Melbourne FL 32901