Dr. Richard Ward is a pathologist practicing in New Bern, NC. Dr. Ward is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Ward can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Ward may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 1980
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Requirement for an oxidant in Pd/Cu co-catalyzed terminal alkyne homocoupling to give symmetrical 1,4-disubstituted 1,3-diynes.
- Borylene-based direct functionalization of organic substrates: synthesis, characterization, and photophysical properties of novel pi-conjugated borirenes.
- Regiospecific formation and unusual optical properties of 2,5-bis(arylethynyl)rhodacyclopentadienes: a new class of luminescent organometallics.
- The Criminal Corpse, Anatomists and the Criminal Law: Parliamentary Attempts to Extend the Dissection of Offenders in Late Eighteenth-Century England.
- Restructuring Employee Benefits to Meet Health Care Needs in Retirement.
- U Tx-M D Anderson Cancer C, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology Univ Of Nc Hosps, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Program
Dr. Richard Mayhew Ward MD's Practice location
New Bern, NC 28560Get Direction
Dr. Richard Mayhew Ward MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...